Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

New Vortex Viper HS-T (Hunting Shooting Tactical) Riflescope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Gold Member

Re: New Vortex Viper HS-T (Hunting Shooting Tactical) Riflescope

I'll reserve judgement until I get my hands on one but it looks like another one of their tiny reticles that do me no good for big game hunting.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Silver Member

Anyone had a chance to shoot one of these yet? Everything it's advertised to be?

John
Old 10-26-2013, 09:25 PM

Any updates on the MOA version?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:53 PM

Just mounted one on my 6.5 284 so far I am impressed. the turrets have firm clicks, and are true moa and thus far repeatable. I put a Viper PST 6x24 on a 300 RUM I built for my dad and it experiences a bit of uneven tunneling, the HS-T doesn't. I really like the MOA reticle it is my first departure from MILDOT reticles and I don't regret it. The field of view is the same as my MARK AR on 4.5 power, but the lack of tunneling means that it does not diminish as I increase power. I really like the fact that there is 30 MOA of hold over available in the reticle, not that I will hold over that much but it makes the reticle feel less cluttered. The 44 mil bell allowed me to use medium weaver tactical rings to keep the height down. It fits a perfect niche for me between the Mark AR 3-9 and the 6.5-20 LR/T perfect for the intended purpose of my 6.5 284, general deer elk hunting with the ability to send it out to 800, and light enough to pack for Mountain goats.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Gold Member

Checked one of these out the other at Cabelas and I really liked it. The clicks were amazing and so was the optic clarity. Felt like an extremely durable scope and am looking forward to getting one. I received the Vortex 2014 catalog the other day and they show a 6-24x50 HS-T new for 2014! When the 6-24x hits the market I'm definitely getting one for my .308 Norma Mag.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Silver Member

Looking at the specs of the 6-24 model, it seems really tempting. The only thing Iím cautious about is that itís reticle is almost twice as thick as the PSTís. Then again, at a street price of $629, it still could be worth the gamble.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Bronze Member

I have the HS-T in MRAD as well as the PST 4-16 in MRAD, and a Razor 5-20 in MRAD. Both the PST and Razor are FFP while the HS-T is SFP. I like them all for my purposes. Currently the Razor is riding atop my 284, the PST is on my newly acquired 260 in an AICS AX chassis, and the HS-T is on my light weight coyote rifle in 243. I have no issues what so ever with the reticle thickness on the HS-T, a few years back the HS scopes had reticles that were painfully thin and hard to work with, now they have beefed them up a bit and people seem to be much happier with them now.