Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

New Vortex Viper HS-T (Hunting Shooting Tactical) Riflescope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Field Editor

New Vortex Viper HS-T (Hunting Shooting Tactical) Riflescope

Blending many of the best features of Vortex’s incredibly popular Viper HS and Viper PST riflescopes, the new Viper HS-T (Hunting Shooting Tactical) is positioned to be big a hit among hunters, as well as tactical enthusiasts.

New Vortex Viper HS-T (Hunting Shooting Tactical) Riflescope-rfl_vhs-t_s_4-16x44_moa_fr.jpg

Available in 4-16x44 MOA and mrad models, the Viper HS-T boasts an all-new, hashmark-based second-focal-plane reticle, perfect for accurate holds at extended ranges. Mrad reticle hashes subtend in .5 and full-value increments. MOA reticle hashes subtend in 2 MOA increments. Both are set for use at the riflescope’s maximum 16-power magnification.

Incredibly precise, repeatable and durable target-style windage and elevation turrets built specifically for dialing, top off this highly versatile riflescope’s long range performance features. And with Vortex’s CRS (Customizable Rotational Stop) system, shooters can quickly re-index their turret after temporary elevation corrections have been made. The HS-T’s 30mm one-piece machined aluminum tube ensures ample travel for optimal adjustment.

An ultrafriendly eyebox with generous 4 inch eye relief and fast focus eyepiece gets shooters on target with ease. XD (extra-low dispersion) glass guarantees sharp, crisp images from edge to edge. Lenses fully multicoated with Vortex’s proprietary XR coatings offer superior light transmission for optimal performance in critical low light scenarios. Exterior lenses feature ArmorTek, an ultrahard optical coating engineered to protect against scratches, oil and dirt.

O-ring sealed and purged with argon gas for 100 percent waterproof/fogproof performance. Shockproof construction withstands recoil and impact from every angle.

Available: 4-16x44 (VMR-1 MOA Reticle), 4-16x44 (VMR-1 mrad Reticle)
MSRP: $659

American-owned, Wisconsin-based Vortex Optics designs, engineers and distributes a complete line of premium binoculars, riflescopes, spotting scopes, tripods and related accessories. Dedicated to exceptional quality, value and unrivaled customer service, Vortex backs its products with its unconditional, lifetime VIP-warranty. Built on more than 20 years of experience in the optics industry, Vortex is rapidly emerging as a leading brand in the optics market.

Vortex - The Force of Optics | Vortex Optics - Home

Old 07-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Platinum Member

Re: New Vortex Viper HS-T (Hunting Shooting Tactical) Riflescope

It's a shame they didn't offer it in a 50, 52, or 56mm objective....That's the only complaint I have after reading that whole description.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
It's a shame they didn't offer it in a 50, 52, or 56mm objective....That's the only complaint I have after reading that whole description.
wouldn't that just make it a PST???
Old 07-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Bronze Member

PST usually has illuminated reticle I think... And the reticle is slightly different on the hs-t I believe...
Old 07-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Bronze Member

I got one last week in MRADs. Will be going on my 280AI once it is completed. In the mean time I loaned it out to my shooting partner who put it on a newly aquired Tikka T3 Sporter in 6.5X55 Swede. He seems to like it, very sleek profile with the 44mm objective, excellent reticle and no bulky illumination dial on the eye pice to get it the way of things. The optics look great, clear and bright even in the lower light in the evening.

I think it will be another big hit for the folks at Vortex.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Gold Member

How's the reticles? Especially the moa. Any pics? Sounds like a great scope
Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Bronze Member

Reticles are on the Vortex website:
Vortex Optics - Viper HS-T 4-16x44 VMR-1 (MOA)

Unfortunately, the MOA version won't be available until October of this year. MRAD are available now.