Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

New range cheaper finders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Silver Member

Re: New range cheaper finders

I have two leica's, an older 1200 and the new 1600, the 1600 is the first rangefinder I've ever had that would reliably range further than the stated capability. In the clear mountain air out west I was able to go to 1700-1800 on a regular basis. Most others IME have usually been a stretch to get to the rated distance. The 1200 has been a very good unit and would range to 1100 or a bit better pretty well.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 PM

Sounds like the Leica is the way to go. Does it have TBR for ranging in the mountains? Broz have you used the G7 yet? From all your other posts you seem to be very active with your shooting and trying different products
Old 03-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Wa Hunter View Post
Sounds like the Leica is the way to go. Does it have TBR for ranging in the mountains? Broz have you used the G7 yet? From all your other posts you seem to be very active with your shooting and trying different products
Sure have. Here is my review.

My Field Test of The G7-BR2 Rangefinder

This is a great unit for it's intended purpose and will work well for many LR hunters. The convenience is of the ballistic program is very nice. I only advise you watch the beam divergence and do not let it bite you as I talked about in the review. I think many of the G7 users have found out what I did and will agree with most my points by now.

Jeff
Old 03-14-2013, 02:26 PM

Thanks Broz, I have found many of your posts rather helpful over the last three years. Just starting out I have learned very much!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Wa Hunter View Post
Thanks Broz, I have found many of your posts rather helpful over the last three years. Just starting out I have learned very much!
You are Welcome Sir.

Jeff
Old 03-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Silver Member

I had a leupold. It was horrible in the cold.. sold and bought lica 1600 never been more happy. I like leupold scopes but there range finders sux.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Gold Member

Just in case you aren't convinced yet. I have always been a leupold fan but for a fact their rangefinders are not in the same league as the swaro or leica. You will never regret saving for it, and buying the right one the first time. If you think your going to really get into this save for the 1600. My friends quickly outgrew the 1200 and for a loss sold them to upgrade to the 1600.