Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

new optic system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 04:53 AM
Silver Member

new optic system

Barrett Rifles

http://www.barrettrifles.com/pdf/Sho...sMar08BORS.pdf

What is everyone's take on this.. It seems like it might be an idea but also kinda seems redundant.. if you know your balistics then is this nessacary???

The altitude and pressure might come in handy.

Thoughts????

Thanx

Blygy
Old 02-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Gold Member

Barrett must think there is or will be a market for an item like this or they wouldn't have sunk the money into it. In short, it takes the ballistic calaulator out of your pocket and mounts it on your scope to make a one shot kill out of your home turf. I hope it floats, would like to see a third and forth generation unit. Maybe the Military will buy into it, I might if the price comes down. Thanks for posting this article.
db
Old 03-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Silver Member

I have to say I'm pretty surprised there wasn't more discussion on this new developement.

I'd love to try one out if I could afford it. It would work well with my new 6.5X300 Win Mag.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Platinum Member

Send that crap over to SnipersHide. They'll believe anything..
Old 03-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Platinum Member

A few weeks ago I was at the range and a gentlemen had one mounted on his 308. I will admit that my first impression was that it was a total waste of money, but after looking it over, it seems pretty nice.

As far as it's usefulness for the money, that's up to the individual. It will run a little over 3000 for the system because ya need a mark 4 leupald to mate with it.

It will be calibrated for your load and tell you where your point of impact is based on where you turned your turret and the angle of the rifle. Neat stuff, but I'm not going to be saving my money for one just yet. It would definatley make it easy to quickley change your poi by making it unessesary to count clicks and do any other conversions. It doesnt do anyting for wind - which is the real challenge of a long shot.