Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

New Optic source

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2006, 04:18 AM
Silver Member

Re: New Optic source

Hi Chris,

Front mounting ring on the cat scope must be huge? (60mm obj + wall thickness). Looks very interesting.

David.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Silver Member

Chris, roger on ist FP. Anyone "here" (US) going to supply the "Hose Clamp" front ring need for that Hummer? Home Depot??? I told the Benchrest boys who will not allow spotting scopes, this was going to happen; thanks for proving the point. Any QC observations on the new line of Kalinka scopes? I plan to order one for F-O competition. cordially, Overbore [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Chris, from the invoice: "Product Name: VPOI 6-24 Lightmaster Series w/Illuminex Reticle. WA rifle scope with 11 setting illuminated US Mildot Reticle. 30mm Lightmaster tube and parallax eliminating dual focus system". Price $199.97".
I believe WA is wide angle. Tube has a nitrogen fill port. This is a good feeling hard service unit. Clicked it 121 1/8th moa clicks up, back then 127 1/8th moa clicks down then back up. Returned to zero aim point. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Overbore

[/ QUOTE ]

Any info regarding toughness in the recoil area, as in use on large bore, high intensity cartridge with muzzle brake?

Edited here:

oops, should have read more. Reviews section said the scope used on the african hunt was also used on Russian .51 something or another rifle. I couldn't find that scope on the web pages.

I also "seem" to see some similarities between the looks of these scopes and an alaskan guide that I have. Can't say anything for certain but.....

My main concerns is 1) FFP and 2) Handling recoil and I guess 3rdly ease of doing business with them in the US.

Thanks

Roy
Old 04-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Silver Member

Since this is a 1st focal plane scope and a variable, I plan to carry my Palm 550 with the Horus MP and the Pesja programs loaded to verify my click values, time permitting. Ditto for putting a colminator on the tube and running full magnification and click checks but so far this looks like a quality product with wide uses at a fair price. If we just had a good moa reticle to match the 1/8th moa click values---. WOW!!! OVERBORE
Old 04-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
But just to set you wondering too

[/ QUOTE ]

...I'm wondering if you bought that table cloth in the dark [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

...wild looking scope too!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:24 AM
Silver Member

Jeez - so many things.

OK - The front tube is 64mm - The OBJ "ring" 79mm. Apel do a 64mm ring BUT I have a mate in the UK working on something (better?) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Rear tube is 30mm. SHORT at 37cms.

The Tablecloth is my Russian mates. He called me late last night (thanks again Ivan) - the scope is now in Italy so should arrive in a couple of days.

Actually I was wondering if that might not be a great "spring meadows" camo pattern. Lets face it NO law officer is going to take it seriously.

Reticle may not be so apt for all the world. Basically that's my fault - OK!

It's a 1/2mil dot (dots are 1/20mr or 5mm at 100m). The centre dot and every second dot (i.e 1mr interspaced) have a 1/3mr (approx 1moa) ring around them. At 1mr radius (2mr diameter=approx 7moa) there is a THICK (1/5mr) ring.

More when I recieve the beastie. I'm as excited as a very excitable person with an extra special reason to be excited.

It's been a process of many months.

Clicks are 5mm at 100m - The downside is only 5mr either side of centre.

Chris
Old 04-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
I'm as excited as a very excitable person with an extra special reason to be excited.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I've been chuckling since I read that!