Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

New Optic source

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2006, 06:23 AM
Silver Member

Re: New Optic source

Seemed rather unfair to leave you dangling, Overbore. Sorry [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Here is the new sidewheel - Factory Photo from Nov last year. But it's in the catalogue I received via my mate over there.

There is also a 6-24*50 sidewheel and a 1,2-4,8*25 (no focus). Last but not least an 8-32*60 (which is VERY different - design wise).

#1 of the 8-32 should reach me early next week. It's currently sat on a friends kitchen table in Moscow.

Old 04-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Silver Member

Chris, you are close but close only counts in H bombs, hand grenades and horse shoes. The scope I just received has the origional front parallax adjustment, 11 light settings for a lit (mil dot) center aim point and looks as though the tube could pound nails. I see no reticle size changes as I go through the power range and the diopter range is great. No rubber eye pc, a set of bungee cord see through lens covers and no spec sheet- whoops! A simple miosttok, no doubt. I will advise of moa range shortly. Overbore
Old 04-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Silver Member

Chris, from the invoice: "Product Name: VPOI 6-24 Lightmaster Series w/Illuminex Reticle. WA rifle scope with 11 setting illuminated US Mildot Reticle. 30mm Lightmaster tube and parallax eliminating dual focus system". Price $199.97".
I believe WA is wide angle. Tube has a nitrogen fill port. This is a good feeling hard service unit. Clicked it 121 1/8th moa clicks up, back then 127 1/8th moa clicks down then back up. Returned to zero aim point. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Overbore
Old 04-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Silver Member

Ah I see - It's just you quoted the PPO series - The VPOI are from a different factory. I assume the reticle es SFP on the VPOI. It's SFP on the PPO.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Silver Member

Chris, an X, dead center. That pix is the exact scope I am ging to use on my Martyr Maker in 300 wsm. When do you expect the "side wheeler" to be on the market here? This socpe is just a "tester" for quality before moving to their top of the line. NO, I am not going to submerge it; just plan to take reasonable care of it. Cordially, Overbore [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2006, 01:28 AM
Silver Member

"HERE" - Being the USA - That is 100% a Kalinka question.

The factory I'm taliking to is REALLY a Military supplier (amongst other thigs they make MIG parts!). They used before to supply Kalinka and a Finnish gunsmith. Lowish sales.

They have reorganised SERIOUSLY And I hear that shipments are being made to "official" purchasers in "poorer" countries. The term "Banana Republics" was used.

Prior PPO stuff was not bad - but seriously out of date. The other PPO stuff on kalinkas site (looking like this)

are FIXED IMAGE (i.e reticle not centred) and the illumination - I wont say more. I had a 6-24*60 like the PPO4-16 and its currently on a 1000yard gun in the UK. All the same it needed redesign - and has been.

I'm waiting to see how the 8-32*60 is in real life.
But just to set you wondering too

Catadioptric Objective.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:43 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Ah I see - It's just you quoted the PPO series - The VPOI are from a different factory. I assume the reticle es SFP on the VPOI. It's SFP on the PPO.

[/ QUOTE ]JUST SPOTTED A BOOB - the PPO are FFP - 1st FP.