Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

New Nightforce NXS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2004, 02:53 AM

New Nightforce NXS

Hi from the UK
I have just heard from someone over hear that Nightforce have bought out a new model NXS in 5.5-22x50 but using mil dot dialling.
My other scopes are S&B tacticals that use mil dialling so I am looking for an option to try with the same system. Anyone out there heard about them or better still got one.Does anyone know if I can import one from the States. Thanks
Old 03-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Platinum Member

Re: New Nightforce NXS

I believe there's a recent problem with MilDots and export. I tried searching for it on the net but there's far too much conflicting info to make a good decision.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member

Dave,
At least to Canada the exporting of mildot equiped scopes has resumed. I was told it was a missinterpretation that started it all.
As Bruce Robinson's bumber sticker says "GOT MILDOTS?"
Old 03-14-2004, 11:45 PM

Ian, you have got to get in touch with Bruce and see if he will make those bumper stickers for resale. I have to have one.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Gold Member

Hi Lapmag, who told you about the NXS? yes Nightforce had a 5.5-22x50 with 1/10th (= 1cm@100m)Miliradian clicks and a 1/5th and 1 miliradian hash marked reticle, this scope was a one off and will be introduced this summer. It makes good sense to range in Mils and adjust for trajectory in mils. there is no need for mildots any more as they come from a time before lazer etched glass reticles, why the US military insist on ranging in mils and the converting to divisions of MOA for adjustment is beyond me. And this State dept ban on export of mildot equipt kit is pure ********, it just hruts the US export market, i can't buy a mildot scope from the US but i can from every other country in the world, I was at the IWA at the weekend and none of the US folks would let you look at anything mil spec unless you had a warrant card or a mil ID card, but all the other manufacturers from non US countries where showing kit to everyone..
Pete..
Old 03-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Bronze Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Hi Lapmag, who told you about the NXS? yes Nightforce had a 5.5-22x50 with 1/10th (= 1cm@100m)Miliradian clicks and a 1/5th and 1 miliradian hash marked reticle, this scope was a one off and will be introduced this summer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Will it have a front or rear focal plane reticle and what is the ballpark figure on the prise?
Thank you..
Old 03-18-2004, 07:02 AM
Bronze Member

I'm living in Canada and bought a new NXS 5.5 x 22 x 56 Mil Dot scope last summer. I know of a few more that were imported since then as well. I took 6 weeks to get over the boarder however. Mine doesn't have the MilDot dialing but I sure wish it did. I do know that some dealers, like Leupold and Premier Reticles wouldn't send one over the boarder citing new restrictions by the State Dept. I actually phoned Night Force at the time and they knew nothing of the "ban" and advised me to go a Night Force dealer. There are several in Canada but none had the scope that I wanted so I wound up getting it from Lilja.After using it for a year now I have to say it was worth the money and the hassle.