Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

New to this, and looking for excellent scope....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Platinum Member

Re: New to this, and looking for excellent scope....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillettehunter View Post
Congrats on the new purchase. Sounds like it will fill all of your needs. Outlaw let me know when your ready to play. Gonna get COLD mid week for a bit. May want to be earlier rather than later in the week. Bruce

I heard we're expecting a nasty spell. I'm tied up Monday but I have time Tuesday. I will try to call Monday afternoon/evening.

t

Old 01-10-2014, 02:57 PM

Perhaps I should have started a new thread, but it seemed to fit well in this older one.

I have had the Premier for several weeks. Got it on 12/20. I'd like to tell everyone that I have been out frequently to use it. However between chilly temps and very heavy winds, I have mostly been relegated to staying inside. I have managed to get out on 3 different occasions to shoot it.

I'd like to do a thorough review, but given my lack of experience with high quality scopes I'm afraid my baseline is just too low.

Coming from a 30 year old fixed power (x4) Redfield is not the proper comparison, but it is the comparison I have. I really, really like this scope and now that I have real turret adjustment, I'll likely never look back at a typical "hunter" type scope.

Anyway, hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and thank you for the advice and some of the invites to come to Gillette to test a few scopes. I appreciate the offers and help.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Silver Member

Glad you like the Premier. I just picked up my new 7 SAUM last week and put the March on it. Call when you get a chance Outlaw and we'll get together. I'm liking my new rifle. 8lbs 14 oz w/ the scope. Just about right to pack. Bruce
Old 01-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillettehunter View Post
Glad you like the Premier. I just picked up my new 7 SAUM last week and put the March on it. Call when you get a chance Outlaw and we'll get together. I'm liking my new rifle. 8lbs 14 oz w/ the scope. Just about right to pack. Bruce

Absolutely Bruce. On a side note, I'm working on something you might be interested in. I will shoot you a call or PM soon.

t