Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

New to this, and looking for excellent scope....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 05:45 PM

Re: New to this, and looking for excellent scope....

I live in Casper WY.

Warranties:

Premier = Lifetime. However they are a bit "new" for actually gauging how lifetime will hold up.

Kahles = 10 years. Seems okay, but it does surprise me given company warranties like Vortex and Leupold.

March = 5 years. My smokes that seems awful.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randycw View Post
I live in Casper WY.

Warranties:

Premier = Lifetime. However they are a bit "new" for actually gauging how lifetime will hold up.

Kahles = 10 years. Seems okay, but it does surprise me given company warranties like Vortex and Leupold.

March = 5 years. My smokes that seems awful.

Ah, you're a couple hrs south of me. I spend a fair amount of time in Casper.

Premier is a pretty old company, they got their start by modifying reticles for Leupold.

Kahles is making a name for themselves but like the March, they are imported & I struggle justifying that.

I cannot comment on March, I've read good reviews but i've never had any 1st hand experience with them

t

Old 11-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Bronze Member

Call up Kelbly and talk to him about the March scopes and the warranty.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:42 PM

I found this last night: Premier Reticles Light Tactical Scope 3-15x50 Gen 2 Reticle SALE - EuroOptic.com

That is nearly $1,000 less than anywhere else, including their own site! What gives? I see it is a mil-dot reticle and MOA turrets, but can that really cause a $1,000 discount? Would I be an idiot to mix mil and moa? Would I be a complete bum / dirtbag to not buy for CS Tactical after he has spent time answering all of my various inquiries?

I have got to say this is tempting me. For the $2400 I was about to spend, I could end up with a hunting scope and spotting scope, rather than just the hunting scope.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Silver Member

I'm also in Gillette as well as Outlaw and a couple others. I have the March scope if you want to come and play a bit with it. Just need to line up a time when the others are available. I'm in retail and the closer to Christmas the harder it is for me. Just let us know. I have a Huskemaw that you can also look at and see what you think. Could be well worth the drive given the amount of money your looking to spend. Bruce
Old 11-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randycw View Post
I found this last night: Premier Reticles Light Tactical Scope 3-15x50 Gen 2 Reticle SALE - EuroOptic.com

That is nearly $1,000 less than anywhere else, including their own site! What gives? I see it is a mil-dot reticle and MOA turrets, but can that really cause a $1,000 discount? Would I be an idiot to mix mil and moa? Would I be a complete bum / dirtbag to not buy for CS Tactical after he has spent time answering all of my various inquiries?

I have got to say this is tempting me. For the $2400 I was about to spend, I could end up with a hunting scope and spotting scope, rather than just the hunting scope.
I can't recommend MOA turrets with MIL reticle, just not a good combo in my opinion. It was a real pain in the rump when I was running a TMR/MOA Leupold setup. I dial elevation & usually hold for wind... dial in MOA & hold wind in MILs... that sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillettehunter View Post
I'm also in Gillette as well as Outlaw and a couple others. I have the March scope if you want to come and play a bit with it. Just need to line up a time when the others are available. I'm in retail and the closer to Christmas the harder it is for me. Just let us know. I have a Huskemaw that you can also look at and see what you think. Could be well worth the drive given the amount of money your looking to spend. Bruce

Heck Bruce, I wouldn't mind checking out that March... What's your take on it? I don't think I've read a bad review...

t

Old 11-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Silver Member

Hi Outlaw. On the March. Love the magnification range and weight. Clarity is very good. Have shot it very little. Right now it is on a 7 SAUM I'm going to sell. Chuck is building me a new SAUM in a carry weight rifle. I'll give it a bit more of a workout then.
If you want to play with it just let me know. My wife and I own Marshall Jewelry. Just let me know when you want to look. I'll bring it to work. Your welcome to take it for a few days to play with it if you want. On or off the rifle it doesn't matter. Just let me know. Bruce