Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

new kind of optic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Bronze Member

new kind of optic

Has anybody seen or heard anything about this www.tracking-point.com
I talked to one person that saw a demonstration and he said it was the real thing.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Gold Member

Re: new kind of optic

It would have been a lot better video if they'd stated the specs and capabilities including weight, cost, battery life, etc. If the scope is actually measuring range and calculating drop and wind deflection based on measurements over the trajectory it would be worth further consideration. The "click for more information" produced nothing useful.

Fixed metallic sights are "the real thing" too for many applications.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Bronze Member

Re: new kind of optic

The information is sketchy now but they havenít released the product yet. I think this is an off shoot product of one that was developed for the military and yes itís supposed to account for all the variables like angle, wind, range and atmospheric conditions. I think it will probably be like the BCD recitals in a lot of scopes these days, it will get you close out to a given range but there is still nothing as accurate as hard calculations and experience behind the gun. But itís another step down the evolutionary path.