Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

New Bushnell LRHS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 05:30 PM

Re: New Bushnell LRHS

Scopes are finally in, 80 or so have shipped out f the first batch and all the reviews so for are very positive. Light transmission seems to be what most are raving about. The glass is phenomenal for the price. The production scopes are a small notch above what I saw in the prototype as far as glass clarity. In all Bushnell did an Awesome job on this scope. There are a few available in next shipment arriving this week if anyone is interested.

I got to sit down with them about a higher mag version of this scope. The early plans for 2015 is a 4.5x18 version. Also the addition of MOA models and a similar reticle in MOA. these are probably a year out form production but will be prototype's for the Shot Show 2015.

George
G.A. Precision
Old 04-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Silver Member

I have a Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 X50 W/ 34 mm tube. ($1,700.) Zero stop and 1/10 mil adjustments and 10 mil range of adjustment.

A great scope especially because I have it with a Horus H59 reticle. FAR less turret turning with that reticle and, if I miss, 2nd round hits are very easy to make with an H59.

Howsomever..., Bushnell will not be selling scopes with the H59 reticle to the civilian market until they catch up with their military contracts.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:51 AM
Silver Member

I own a Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 X 50mm with a 34 mm tube. Mine has the last (for a year or so) of the civilian-available H 59 reticles in a Bushnell scope. Great glass, excellent turrets and with that reticle its a fantastic scope for $1,700.

Along with my Bushnell 10 X 42 1 Mile ARC laser rangefinding binoculars it's a great combo for higher 1st round hit probability.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Bronze Member

Sounds like a great scope and aimed right at the heart of the long range community.
I like the Mil R system but thats what I trained with.
100mm at 100m is easy.
Who will be stocking them?

PS; What is a triplet lens and how do you tell?
Old 05-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

The LRHS doesn't have a triplet lens. I spent some time with an early production sample of the LRHS at the last SHOT Show. The optics were about par for that price range. Resolution and contrast were good, but not great.

A triplet lens is often found in higher priced scopes (>$1,200), like NF NXS and Swaro Z5/Z6. A triplet lens makes the scope apochromatic (almost no optical aberrations), which means the resolution is good even at high elevation settings.

If the LRHS fits your needs, you should also consider the Burris Veracity and XTR II scopes. All of them are FFP with BDC reties.

www.HighPowerOptics.com
Sports Optics
Rifle Scope Installation Tool Kits for Rent
Old 05-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Silver Member

Triplet lenses are found in the Bushnell ERS and XRS scopes and the prices reflect that upgrade.

Just remember, "moderately priced" scopes like the LRHS have better optics than top line scopes of 15 years ago. The advances in reticle and turret design, and CNC lens making and machining of the tubes and turrets are responsible for the great hardware we now enjoy.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:54 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litehiker View Post
Triplet lenses are found in the Bushnell ERS and XRS scopes and the prices reflect that upgrade...
I happen to have an HDMR 3.5 - 21 X 50mm, and I just inspected it. I confirmed that it does have an air-spaced triplet objective. I was actually a bit surprised to see that design feature in a Bushnell scope.

www.HighPowerOptics.com
Sports Optics
Rifle Scope Installation Tool Kits for Rent