Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

New Bushnell 1600 ARC Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

New Bushnell 1600 ARC Review

Thought you guys would be interested in this. This item is brand new to the market. Had a customer review posted on the Bushnell Fusion by a Marine Corps Sniper that I know that has been T&E'ing it for Bushnell:

This is what he said:

Quote:
number7: I have been using the Bushnell Fusion 1600 for 6 months now with hard use with no problems. I have been able to get ranges out to 1700 yards. (Ranges were checked with a Vector rangefinder) Getting ranges to steel out to 1000 yards is easy and I have the benefit of having a 10 power bino and a rangefinder in one. They also have the rainguard on them so using them in the rain is no problem.The battery also lasts a long time. The HUDS display in mine is a little dim in extremely bright days, but the brightness adjustment works well for low light shooting to tone the reticle brightness down. For the money they are really worth it.

Rangefinder Features

* 10-1600 yards ranging performance
* ARC (Angle Range Compensation) from -90 to +90
* Bow Mode - provides line-of-sight, angle, and true horizontal distance from 10-99 yards/meters
* Rifle Mode - provides line-of-sight, angle, and bullet drop/holdover up to 199 inches
* VSI (Variable Sight-In) - allows sight-in distance options of 100, 150, 200, or 300 yards sight-in distance when in RIFLE mode
* Selective Targeting System - Automatic SCAN, BullsEye & Brush modes
* +/- one yard accuracy

If you have any questions, let me know...

Thanks,

Mike @ CS TACTICAL.com
CS Gunworks is now CS TACTICAL.com
www.cstactical.com
mike@cstactical.com

Last edited by CS T; 06-11-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:02 PM

Re: New Bushnell 1600 ARC Review

Hi guys

Got my Fusion 1600 ARC a few days ago, and have been doing some comparisons between the Bushnell and my Leica1200 as well as my Nikon Monarch 10x42 binoculars.

It is very difficult to rate rangefinders in absolute terms based on how far they range, as this is heavily influenced by environmental issues such as UV and general brightness of sunlight at the time of the test, as well as the reflective properties of the object being ranged. Having said that, my preliminary conclusion is that the Bushnell's laser rangefinder is definitely more powerful than the Leica 1200. As I moved beyond 600-700 yards my Leica started missing ranges on trees and bushes on a bright day whereas the Bushnell continued to give consistent readings. I pretty much got reasonably consistent readings from the Bushnell up to about 900 yards from general brush and trees - the Leica would not range these at all - not even once. How much further than the Leica can the Bushnell generally range? I will leave that to board members with scientific testing approaches! My guess is about 20% further.

In term of optical quality, many people have compared the Bushnell to the Leica Geovid's of the world - that's not really fair if you look at the price difference. I decided to compare the Bushnell to my Nikon Monarch 12x42 - arguably one of the best $250 binocs you can buy. In terms of my quick comparison the clarity and brightness were pretty similar - the resolution also seemed comparable. The Bushnell image had a slight green tint compared to the Nikon though - the Nikon image has a reasonably neutral coloured to slightly warm tint.

Is it worth it for me? Hell yeah - I get improved laser performance compared to my Leica1200 and optical performance on par with the Nikon Monarch binocs for less than the combined price of $850 for the two separately. In addition to the line of sight distance, it also gives a very accurate shooting angle measurement from the built-in inclinometer which I can use with my ballistic tables. Very smart indeed. So far I'm very happy.

Cheers
Jaco
Old 06-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Platinum Member

Good info guys, thanks for sharing. I'll be in the market for one late this year or early next year so always good to hear reviews/feedback.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by faker404 View Post
Hi guys

Got my Fusion 1600 ARC a few days ago, and have been doing some comparisons between the Bushnell and my Leica1200 as well as my Nikon Monarch 10x42 binoculars.

It is very difficult to rate rangefinders in absolute terms based on how far they range, as this is heavily influenced by environmental issues such as UV and general brightness of sunlight at the time of the test, as well as the reflective properties of the object being ranged. Having said that, my preliminary conclusion is that the Bushnell's laser rangefinder is definitely more powerful than the Leica 1200. As I moved beyond 600-700 yards my Leica started missing ranges on trees and bushes on a bright day whereas the Bushnell continued to give consistent readings. I pretty much got reasonably consistent readings from the Bushnell up to about 900 yards from general brush and trees - the Leica would not range these at all - not even once. How much further than the Leica can the Bushnell generally range? I will leave that to board members with scientific testing approaches! My guess is about 20% further.

In term of optical quality, many people have compared the Bushnell to the Leica Geovid's of the world - that's not really fair if you look at the price difference. I decided to compare the Bushnell to my Nikon Monarch 12x42 - arguably one of the best $250 binocs you can buy. In terms of my quick comparison the clarity and brightness were pretty similar - the resolution also seemed comparable. The Bushnell image had a slight green tint compared to the Nikon though - the Nikon image has a reasonably neutral coloured to slightly warm tint.

Is it worth it for me? Hell yeah - I get improved laser performance compared to my Leica1200 and optical performance on par with the Nikon Monarch binocs for less than the combined price of $850 for the two separately. In addition to the line of sight distance, it also gives a very accurate shooting angle measurement from the built-in inclinometer which I can use with my ballistic tables. Very smart indeed. So far I'm very happy.

Cheers
Jaco
Thanks for the review faker and thanks for it sharing it here.

Mike @ CST
Old 08-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Derek from thepackingrat.net did an article review for us on the Bushnell Fusion 1600 ARC. We currently have these in-stock...

CLICK HERE TO READ ARTICLE REVEIW ON BUSHNELL FUSION 1600 ARC

Old 08-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Platinum Member

Pretty informative and appears to be a straight up review.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
Pretty informative and appears to be a straight up review.
Thanks!

Mike @ CST