Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

need your opinions on binoculars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Silver Member

Re: need your opinions on binoculars

+1 on Minoxs. They are great optics for a great price. I have the 15x56 binos and got them open box for 599.99 from cameraland. I also have swaro ELS and they are freaking awesome. Better than anything in the world. The Minoxs were very nice though. If you have a thousand dollars and want 10x42s go get the swarovskis hands down. You can get a used pair on ebay or craigslist in your price range. They are basically unbreakable and the warranty is very good. My pair of swaros are used and my friend chiped the glass. Swaro replaced the galss for 50 dollars. A very fair price. Seriously get the swaros.

Thanks,
Dennis
Old 08-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teampete View Post
+1 on Minoxs. They are great optics for a great price. I have the 15x56 binos and got them open box for 599.99 from cameraland. I also have swaro ELS and they are freaking awesome. Better than anything in the world. The Minoxs were very nice though. If you have a thousand dollars and want 10x42s go get the swarovskis hands down. You can get a used pair on ebay or craigslist in your price range. They are basically unbreakable and the warranty is very good. My pair of swaros are used and my friend chiped the glass. Swaro replaced the galss for 50 dollars. A very fair price. Seriously get the swaros.

Thanks,
Dennis
If your impressed with your 15x's you should try a pair of the German glass Minox's. Minox is a German company like Steiner and their sporting optics are made in Japan with Japan made glass. Only the HG line of bino's use German made glass from Schott and it is a notch up to say the least on their other bino's. A good friend of mine is both a Minox dealer and a Swarovski dealer. I was able to look through both at the same time and even take the EL's home for a trail and had a very hard time justifying the cost increase... so I bought another long bow instead with the savings I wish he was a Leica dealer... I would have gone with the Ultravids for the $$$

Unless you are getting a pair of the EL's or the new HD's the Minox HG's are so darn close that it boils down to the name in the end.

IMHO you cant go wrong with either when you are talking the older swarvo's

Jon
Old 08-20-2011, 10:09 PM

I looked through all the bino's mentioned above and ended up buying the Vortex Razor 10x50's. I am very please with them.