Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Need a new scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Need a new scope

Just a thought, but I try to avoid buying scopes this close to SHOT. You may want to hold off just a bit and see what new scopes hit the streets before making a decision.

With all the discounted scopes I have seen this fall I would guess there are going to be a number of new models out from a few of the top tiers manufacturers I would be looking at.

Zeiss has already released their new Conquest HD line. They look promising.

I know Bushnell has new scopes coming as does SWFA in their SS line.

Out to 800 yards you don't need a lot of scope so you may be able to save some money there and get into a better brand. 10-15 on the top end would be plenty IMO.

+1 for the Burris Signature rings. They work as advertised in every respect. I have them on over a 1/2 dozen guns. That would save you some money that yo could apply toward your scope.

Scot E.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackh View Post
SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope

slightly over your budget. i have a 3-9 ffp mil/mil on my .308 and love it. glass is great to me and its not even the HD glass. also look into vortex pst. no personal experience with current leupolds, but i have read a lot of poor reviews and they are overpriced imho.
I picked one up on this site,5-20x50.Cant wait to compare to my Mark 4 mil/mil,cost was $1000,and looked in excellent shape
Old 01-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
I have used them with complete success on a 6.5 pound .300 WSM with no brake and a fairly heavy scope.

Bob
Good to know . Thanks.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt