Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Need input.......IOR vs Leupold?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Silver Member

Need input.......IOR vs Leupold?

I done a search and read everything but still did not find exactly what I was looking for. On my last 2 long range biulds I used Leupold 4.5-14x50 LR 30mm scopes and was very happy with them. I am putting together a third rifle and have an IOR 4.5-14x50 w/IL mp8 on hand but just cant help but wonder should I sell it for another Leupold?
I would like to hear from some people that have, or have had both and why they like one over the other? Any and all opinions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks to everyone............
Old 06-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Need input.......IOR vs Leupold?

You mean you have an are looking through IOR's MP8 Reticle and you have any doubts about the one you should sell? I can't say anything negative about either but both are fine scopes and if you look close enough you'll see the one that should hit the proverbial road.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Need input.......IOR vs Leupold?

Take them both out at dusk and focus on somehting small out at atleast 200yds then as the sun drope keep checking back and forth between the two and when its to dark to see through the Leupold you won't feel bad about selling it.
The IOR's glass if far better than the Leo's you'l get better resolution and light transfer with it than any of the Leo's