Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

mounting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Bronze Member

mounting

when i use leupold's windage bases, i can usually get the scope mounted in such a way that i can have the windage turret left in the center - enabling the windage to be dead on to 300 yards or so and in. if i use a picatinny system, how do i get the windage to remain in the center, or do i just spin turrets for all ranges?
Old 01-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Silver Member

Re: mounting

presuming the rifle receiver mounting holes are properly aligned and you use precisely made base/rings, I think you will find the Picatinny setup to be pretty much dead on for windage. I set up a Rem 700 w/Badger base and rings (Picatinny style) and used less than 1 MOA windage from optical center to get lined up at 600y.

Once you get zeroed, you should get comfortable twisting the knobs. That's why they exist. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You should also be able to remove your scope, remount it, and have very little shift in zero.