Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Mount and ring suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member
Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Re: Mount and ring suggestions

I prefer the NF UL rings. You dont have to lap them and they dont leave marks. I use Badger as well but if you dont lap them, they WILL leave marks. They are however the stoutest rings I have ever used.

As far as bases go, the seekins looks cool. Would love to try one but I have called him twice throwing $$$ at him and he still wont charge my card and send me anything. Cant figure that out. I would love to have so much $$ that I could treat people like that.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.