Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Minox customer service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Minox customer service

I believe you'll find excellent customer service from all but the most bargain basement, low end optics (importers). I'm reasonably sure the profit margin on these optics is substantial so if a defective one is returned, it goes to the landfill and is replaced with a new scope or an ungraded model. They mnade their money on the original sale, a warranty replacement just puts them even up.

In fact, ot at least to my best understanding, all but the very specialized and insanely expensive optics are imported in their entirety or the major portion is (that includes Leupold) btw..

If the public really knew actual cost of hard goods, versus charged cost, there would be a revolt.

Far as I know, The only domestic glass polishers are in upper New York State and California and mere mortals can't afford either.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Bronze Member

Range Update
The Minox has been correctly repaired and performed well at the range. I am a happy Minox owner.

338winmag
Old 12-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Platinum Member

Just bought a Minox ZA-5 6x30x56mm . Dang after I bought it ( Such a great deal from doug at Camera Land in the big apple ) I read some sorrow reviews some concerning the "mushy feeling turrents " Well spoke to their customer serve rep in NH and he new write away what I was talking about and said that problem has been eliminated . Great so another + for Minox customer service.