Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Minox 6x30x56 mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Platinum Member

Minox 6x30x56 mm

Just sold my Sightron 8x32x56mm the mechanics of that scope were just fine and the glass was good but not breathtaking . I had a 1/8 target dot and it was just to small for the hunting I do in Reno NV. So was going to buy a Sightron S3 6x24x50 with LRMOA-2 reticule . But the Minox 6x30x56 mm with 30mm tube and schott glass caught my eye. Logged onto Cameraland in the big apple and they had a demo for $679.00 +they pay shipping what's not to love about that ? So I bought it and now awaiting shipment. In the meantime I did a search on snipers hide for opinions and man I read some sour reviews at least on their 1" scopes about "mushy" feeling adjustment knobs. Said to my self " Dang it why didn't I read these befor I purchased ?" Other raved about their excellent customer service ,so i called them up. Spoke to a friendly knowledgeable sales rep. I asked about the "Mushy" adustment on the turrents ? He said "He new exactly what I was talking about and that the problem has been rectified " ! I sure hope I haven't bought a lemon . I'm thinking this 30 mm tube might be a new animal ? Also this is a demo scope so hope it wasn't handeled improperly when on display ? I'll keep y'all posted.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Minox 6x30x56 mm

I have a 5-20x (1") Minox and am happy with it so far. Turret clicks are okay and accurate.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewwetzel View Post
I have a 5-20x (1") Minox and am happy with it so far. Turret clicks are okay and accurate.
How long have you had it ? I'm hearing reports of excellent optics .Thanks for response .
Old 12-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Bronze Member

I've had it a year. Ran it on a .204 Cooper last summer and it worked great. The glass is detailed and bright; very similar to my Leupold VX-2. Was concerned about not finding a sunshade for it but on sunny days I was surprised at the lack of glare compared to most scopes, which I can't explain. The BRX reticle seems to be just a bit fine for varmint work but it'll do. Didn't abuse it but it seems rugged enough. They now have a lifetime warranty.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Gold Member

I have a 5x15 1" Minox on a 7Ultramag. I have had for over six months. It holds zero and adjustments are spot on. Glass is very good. I have fired over 100 rounds and no issues.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebore View Post
I have a 5x15 1" Minox on a 7Ultramag. I have had for over six months. It holds zero and adjustments are spot on. Glass is very good. I have fired over 100 rounds and no issues.
Thanks every one !............ Hey how do you like that 7 RUM ? Have you taken any game with it ?
Old 12-29-2012, 07:52 AM
Gold Member

Ironworker,

No, I have not taken any game with it. 162 A-Max moly's over Retumbo run 3350+ and shoots 3 shots into one hole. Its a stock Rem 700 LSS LH. Unfortunately it's a J-lock bolt. Got it thru an estate sale as they knew I was a lefty. They called me. I have alot of '7's I didn't have an Ultra. Elk rifle if I draw next year or use my big 30 haven't decided. It's a nice rifle and it shoots. Just trigger and free floated, not even bedded.