Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Millett Scope? Anyone familiar with them?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 PM

Millett Scope? Anyone familiar with them?

Im looking at this scope for my upcoming long range hunting build. Anyone using one or familiar with them?

Millett Tactical Long Range LRS Rifle Scope 35mm Tube 6-25x 56mm Side
Old 02-13-2013, 06:38 PM

Re: Millett Scope? Anyone familiar with them?

Hey there I have one. I am very happy with it. I have had it for about 1.5 yrs on a 300 win mag. They are pretty dang nice for the money. They are BIG... they look right on a .50 or a .338... Dont put one on a light mountain gun. The optics are clean with good repeat-ability. I think they are a heck of a deal for what you get. Another thing is I think they are tested for high recoil - a plus for people shooting cannons.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Silver Member

I like mine, had it for a couple years. I have the TRS 4-16 model. I put it on my .223 yote gun and have been getting sub 1/4 MOA. The rifle is a build so it was capable, scope seemed to fit in well.

The only thing is the turrets, i have had problems with mine. I loosened it to reset zero, and everything went mushy. Still tracking fine, but dunno how long thats going to last.

TKS
JPB
Old 02-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member

I have the older 4-16, with 1/8moa clicks, the turrets on mine needed to be ran the full lenght of adjustment for a while to get rid of the burrs or WTH ever was in there, it track fine now but they also have some slop in them so you have to turn it past your zero and then go back to zero to take up the slack. after that it is spot on. But you get what you pay for and for long range they are the min. I agree on the glass being clear and pretty decent.

Quote:
jpbaker Re: Millett Scope? Anyone familiar with them?
I like mine, had it for a couple years. I have the TRS 4-16 model. I put it on my .223 yote gun and have been getting sub 1/4 MOA. The rifle is a build so it was capable, scope seemed to fit in well.

The only thing is the turrets, i have had problems with mine. I loosened it to reset zero, and everything went mushy. Still tracking fine, but dunno how long thats going to last.

TKS
JPB
try loosening your set screws and retightening them, you'll need to keep constant pressure on the turret and tighten each incrementally and just a bit at a time. I've seen this as well what happened with mine was the set screw caused the turret to cock (cant) just a bit and caused interference with the locking ring and cup.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 02-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Silver Member

dont even think about millet , the trs-1 is garbage, finding one that tracks is hit and miss and they dont live on top of a magnum, broke one with a 7mm mag and two with a 300 rum