Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Meopta scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 11:41 AM

Re: Meopta scopes

I have the Cabela's Euro(Meopro) in 4x12x50 and 6x18x50. I've had the 4x12 on a coyote rig for a year and really like it. Good clarity and light. 6x18 has only been to the range so I can't say much so far. I do run some ziess conquests also and they do seem to compare to them.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:34 AM

Epic product fail with Meopta Meo Pro 6-18 Mil Dot.

Bought open box (only one they had in Mil Dot at Field and Stream.

Second range trip, scope would not focus at all. Part rattling around inside.

Previous trip, it had bottomed on on right adjustment, but otherwise, nice glass, good image quality, tight group.

Done with Meopta after this. No dings, no drops, no trauma, maybe held up to three shots on second trip before cratering.

That would speak poorly of a $99 Tasco. It speaks poorly of Meopta. No more of their stuff for me.

Field and Stream had three different people look at it. They gave me my money back.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:52 PM

Any other good/bad experiences out there?

I will say when I took it home I was proud of it and thought I'd scored a good deal.

The glass viewed alongside other scopes WAS impressive--until it came off axis or whatever happened. Clarity, brightness and light gathering all seemed quite good in the store. Just eyeballing it, I thought it outdid the Leupold VX IIIs and Nikon Monarch of comparable magnification and objective diameter. I have a Swaro Z5 and I'd say it is only slightly better and not sure I'd even say that in a fair, side by side controlled test A -B comparison where you did not realize one cost twice as much. But the Swaro holds zero and gives me a good image every time, and that is on a 7.62 semi auto where the bolt cycles with some authority.

For me, the relative unknown brand ain't worth the risk.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:03 AM

I have a MeoPro 3.5-10x44 with a German #4 reticle. It is the best scope I own and to my eyes is better than my Conquest 3-9x40, especially in low light.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left handed gun View Post
Epic product fail with Meopta Meo Pro 6-18 Mil Dot.

Bought open box (only one they had in Mil Dot at Field and Stream.

Second range trip, scope would not focus at all. Part rattling around inside.

Previous trip, it had bottomed on on right adjustment, but otherwise, nice glass, good image quality, tight group.

Done with Meopta after this. No dings, no drops, no trauma, maybe held up to three shots on second trip before cratering.

That would speak poorly of a $99 Tasco. It speaks poorly of Meopta. No more of their stuff for me.

Field and Stream had three different people look at it. They gave me my money back.
I bought a Leupold VX-3 1.75-6 in December. It wouldn't track and the windage and elevation knobs were very hard to turn. Leupold took care of it. I'll still purchase Leupold. Why not give Meopta a chance to make it good? Every company turns out lemon occasionally.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:12 AM
Silver Member

I have the Meostar and the equivalent in the binos and think they are well made with good glass. The only thing I don't like on the scope is the parallax/focus adjustment is on the scope tube.