Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Mark 4 16x Power Boost and Reticle Change

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2005, 12:39 PM
SPONSOR

Mark 4 16x Power Boost and Reticle Change

Well, due to work being kinda slow, Lerch and I are dreaming up another project. We are thinking of a 338 AM or something similar.

In our quest for a scope, we came across an old fixed 16x Mark 4. I know the price will be right and this scope has 140 min of elavation. Get it doubled and possibly a reticle change, and I think it is exactly what we are needing.

Right now it has a 1/4 min dot. Will this work for 2000+ yd pdoggin'? Will the 32x be enough? Will the 1/4 min dot be too large? Will the dot become 1/8 min with the power boost?

As you can see, I'm full of questions so any advice or info you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
B.J.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Mark 4 16x Power Boost and Reticle Change

Bill -- Dick Thomas just passed away, so i would hold off on Premier Reticle projects for a bit.

Sad day...

JB
Old 12-09-2005, 05:02 AM
Bronze Member

JB any more info on Dick, is this from a genuine source?
I only spoke to him a couple of months ago and personally know 6 people with outstanding orders.

Back to the question assuming ok the M1 X 16 boosted to a fixed 35 mag is the biz with a change of optics in front bell, all lenses handlapped and a ret change from 1 to 9 included at $250. Stunning! used one for over 5 years and cant use even use the new VX3LRT boosted, the 32's are a bit milky though of all the ones i have seen over the years.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:11 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Bill -- Dick Thomas just passed away, so i would hold off on Premier Reticle projects for a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored], I am very sorry to hear that. I had responded to an email from him just today asking about the status of my scope and somebody else answered.... I had no idea.

Very sad day.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:59 AM
SPONSOR

Sorry to hear that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. That would explain why my email has gone unanswered.

Time is not an issue here though. It's going to be a few years before this project is range ready. I'm sure we'll be gathering parts for quite awhile. Is Premier going to stay in business? If so waiting is not a problem. If these guys quit, is there anyone else who does this type of thing?

Thanks,
B.J.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. That would explain why my email has gone unanswered.

Time is not an issue here though. It's going to be a few years before this project is range ready. I'm sure we'll be gathering parts for quite awhile. Is Premier going to stay in business? If so waiting is not a problem. If these guys quit, is there anyone else who does this type of thing?

Thanks,
B.J.

[/ QUOTE ]

News came from David Tubb and Brand Cole (prometheus)

BJ -- you can go too wrong with your plan.

JB
Old 12-09-2005, 03:41 PM
SPONSOR

JB,

I have been staring at your last post for hours, but my feable mind has not been able to make a lick of sense out of it. Could you elaborate?