Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

March 2.5 - 25

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Gold Member

March 2.5 - 25

Has anyone tried one of these out???? It seems like a 2.5x on the low end and 25x on the high end would be AWSOME for a hunting rig!

Also, I think I read that there is 100 MOA of adjustment. I could be wrong on that one, though.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Silver Member

Re: March 2.5 - 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xforfun View Post
Has anyone tried one of these out???? It seems like a 2.5x on the low end and 25x on the high end would be AWSOME for a hunting rig!

Also, I think I read that there is 100 MOA of adjustment. I could be wrong on that one, though.
Waiting anxiously for mine to arrive in the next few days, the hunting model, will let you know what I think of it.
Elmer
Old 12-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Silver Member

Who did you order yours from?
Old 12-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU Marksman View Post
Who did you order yours from?
Jim Kelby at kelby's.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerdeer View Post
Waiting anxiously for mine to arrive in the next few days, the hunting model, will let you know what I think of it.
Elmer

elmerdeer

Would be very interested hearing a report. Mainly interested in how it dials being itís not a tactical version and which reticle did you choose and whatís your opinion of it.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 12-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcebcj View Post
elmerdeer

Would be very interested hearing a report. Mainly interested in how it dials being itís not a tactical version and which reticle did you choose and whatís your opinion of it.
I will give you guys my review soon, when its in my hands. And will compare it to my Meopta meostar 4x16, and my Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14 as those are my scopes, and I will try and compare it to my buddys Schmidt&bender classic 4x16. I will know if Like it by then! But from all the research I have done its probably gonna stay on one of my guns!

PS. As to how it will dial, my Meopta is a tactical scope with covered turrets and I had no problem dialing when I need it, I am sure it will be the same.
Elmer
Old 12-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Silver Member

Re: March 2.5 - 25 (Review added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcebcj View Post
elmerdeer

So here is a quick review against 2 of my scopes 1)Meopta meostar 4x16 z-plex, 2)Zeis 4.5x14 Z-plex

So when looking through it as far as the glass goes compared to the both of them, it is way more clear and sharp as far as details go, meaning the trees, the bricks, and the snowflakes falling. It seems that the glass of the March can pick up more detail, and to my eyes it is definely brighther, tommorow I will be comparing it to my friends Swaro 2x12 so I will see what Its like.
Next the field of view is way better at the lowest setting 2.5 compared to the others at 4 and 4.5, and at highest power it is still very bright.
The turrets which are covered are very crisp when turning clicks and I lke the idea of protection on them with the covers (when turning is not needed), not that they will move position when bumped, my other 2 scopes are not as crisp in click turning. The amount of elevation per turn is 25 moa which is great for my gun (7mm Dakota) and are numbered great, 0-25 cant mess that up even if you tried. And in less than 1 turn I am capable of being at 1000 yards, nice!
The recticle is a duplex, it is thicker than my Meopta and thinner than my Zeiss.
Oh and the best part it is its so much smaller than my 2 other scopes that I am thinking of getting one for all my rifles.
So there you have the first part of my out of the window review, not scientiific but so far I like what this scope has to offer alot, and for the price its actually not bad for the quality and versatillity it offers.
Elmer