Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

mad as h*ll range finding in the snow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: mad as h*ll range finding in the snow

I'm betting there will be no surprises here... Swaro

Unread 02-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member

BROZ,

I have read more than once, that swaro, because they don't do the fixing here, they just send you a new one if the item is under warranty and needs fixing. I guess that's not true anymore or never was ah?

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Unread 02-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Platinum Member

Eaglet, Guess not. This unit was much less than a year old. I will say the process for return has been easy and pleasant. Very professional staff with e-mail updates when received. I sent in my 8x30 bino's that took a dump too. They did tell me they did the bino repair here and if the rangefinder needed anything major it would go back to Austria.

Guys, I truely don't care which one is best, and the "best" may vary between users due to the variations in the way one uses them. I will simply post all results and let you guys decide what works best for you.

I can tell you this though, this is not the first and only 8x30 Laserguide I have been around and used. And as you can see, I am not one of the internet "what ever is in my bag or my uncles brother son wife uses is best" guys.

Jeff
Unread 02-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Bronze Member

Cant wait Jeff sent back my Bushnell 1500 elite . Waiting to see how things go on your end before I look at buying another one . SO HURRY UP

Just heard today that there well be no Bushnell elite 1500 with arc available next year as the us army is taking them all for there troops . True yes no
Unread 02-22-2009, 02:24 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Which Leica????????? CRF 1200 or LRF 1200 ????

I just got word from Swaro. My Swaro Laserguide 8x30 had to go all the way back to Austria. They estimated 8 to 10 weeks So needless to say it will be a while. I want all 3 together on bipods ranging the same game at the same time. I am going to see for my self which one is the hot dog in this price range (under $1000)
I had to go dig up the box it came in because I did not know. It says 1200 CRF-Y. I can not wait for your test because what I have is not going too work.
Unread 02-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlow View Post
I had to go dig up the box it came in because I did not know. It says 1200 CRF-Y. I can not wait for your test because what I have is not going too work.
So it is the new little one that will fit in your shirt pocket? Wow, did you see the earlier post about the sight being off on some? That would be a good thing to check on all of them. Maybe we can get to the bottom of all this but it seems that all brands are putting out duds. Sure would be nice to get to the bottom of some of these questions. Could it be that the QC on all these is that bad??

Jeff
Unread 02-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I just got word from Swaro. My Swaro Laserguide 8x30 had to go all the way back to Austria. They estimated 8 to 10 weeks
Not very encouraging customer warranty service from Swaro. Do they expect us to buy two of their units to keep one functional? Hunting seasons don't stop for 10 weeks when their LRF craps out. I'd like to have heard that they sent a replacement out.