Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

??Luepold Bullet Drop Turrets??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Bronze Member

??Luepold Bullet Drop Turrets??

I plan on having them put on my Vari-X III if they are all they are cracked up to be. Nowing Leupolds quality I would say they are. I was just wanting to now if anyone has tried them.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member

Re: ??Luepold Bullet Drop Turrets??

Dust270wsm, I have never used them but since know one has replied to your post I thought I might chime in I was considering going the same route with my 6.5x20x50 leupold (but) the more I read about atmospheric conditions temp. humidity elevation exc. exc. the more I realized a one turret for all conditions was impossible, in my opinion I decided to go with the nightforce pocket pc coftware and kestrel weather meter route insted and it is deadly accurate . just my .02 good luck with your turrets let us know how they work when you get them.

bigbuck
Old 07-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Silver Member

I have a mark 2 on my 300wsm. Called leupold, gave them my data and $60. Two weeks later I received my elevation turrent. I have since tested it at most all ranges between 300 and 1000yds. It was dead nuts on the money at all ranges I shot. It is very liberating. For several years I have been using ballistic plexes of some sort or another and burned up a lot of ammo finding the best compromise setting. The precison of a lazer engraved elevation turrent is the way to go hands down. My buddy did the same on his 300 ultra mag about a year and a half ago. Last November I watched him drop his bull elk at 642 yds. X-ringed him. If you don't have target turrents on your scope you have to send it in to have them installed. It ups the cost to about $130. I received excellent service and advice as usual with leupold.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Silver Member

Kenton Industries

the make them coustom to your load

http://sites.google.com/site/freeballisticcalculator/