Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

LRF Challenge (kind of like racing for pink slips)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member

LRF Challenge (kind of like racing for pink slips)

I have a Leica 1200 LRF that works up to the standards of any other Leica 1200 LRF that has been posted on this board. Its in top shape and wears a leather cover to protect it since new. Optics are wonderful. Mag is 7X. Targeting is easy. It does range further when on a tripod or steady rest as I suppose all of them do.

IF anyone can prove to me that the Opti-logic 1000XL will consistently out range my leica I'll trade even up.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:16 AM
SPONSOR

Re: LRF Challenge (kind of like racing for pink slips)

Well, I don't have the Opti-Logic, but I do have a Swaro and I can prove that it will outrange your Leica. I don't however think I want to trade even. Since your analogy was "like racing for pink slips," does this mean that you'll give me your Leica [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!
Old 06-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Silver Member

Im with you Roy, but I am not offering up my Leica. They are good units and held steady will range very far. I have the tripod adapter for mine, but usually dont need it unless im going over about 650 and really helps at 800+.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Platinum Member

I also agree my pre scan model will get treelines at 1176 yds with a steady rest.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't have the Opti-Logic, but I do have a Swaro and I can prove that it will outrange your Leica. I don't however think I want to trade even. Since your analogy was "like racing for pink slips," does this mean that you'll give me your Leica [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt about the Swaro outdoing the Leica. Its no contest. However its a bunch more bucks.

My problem is that I am major confident that the 270AM will outshoot the Leica's ranging capabilities.

PS: Bill, wanna trade/dicker/deal on your pressure/strain gage thinger?
Old 06-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Im with you Roy, but I am not offering up my Leica. They are good units and held steady will range very far. I have the tripod adapter for mine, but usually dont need it unless im going over about 650 and really helps at 800+.

[/ QUOTE ]

But how much more than 800 can you range consistently?

I'm just trying to get down to the nity grity with all of this. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
I also agree my pre scan model will get treelines at 1176 yds with a steady rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd didn't know I was getting a scan Leica. But when I hold the button down it keeps updating the reading.

Is your tree line a single tree or a whole hill side?