Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

lowest rings for picitinniy rail??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

lowest rings for picitinniy rail??

I know this has most likely been covered here as I did a search and could not find any info----anyone know off the top of their head who makes the lowest set of rings for a picitinniy rail??
I've got an egw base on a Remington 788 and am trying to mount a 40mm scope. I have a set of TPS lows and they are still way too high. It seems that I need a ring that the bottom just barely sits off the rail.

As always, thanks.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 04-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Platinum Member

Re: lowest rings for picitinniy rail??

Seekins lows are .87 (center ring top of rail). I have a Leupold with a 40mm objective Seekins (Vortex) low rings on a Near rail and the bell clears the barrel about 3/16" inches with no caps. The barrel has a #5 contour.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Silver Member

I use TPS X-Low or Super Low, the TPS low rings measure .335" from base to bottom of scope where the X-Low are .223"
Old 05-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Silver Member

TPS super lows, Seekins lows, and the Badger Standard I believe all measure .820, which is about the lowest your going to get.
Hope that helps!