Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Looking for a new Scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Looking for a new Scope

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
Thanks jmason, I'm looking at one in a catalog now it has a little knob on the side of it I wonder if this is what he's talking about?
Yep it's that little knob on the side. curious little bugger ain't it.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Silver Member

The Burris Blackdimond is a very under rated scope IMO. They were built to compeat with the EURO scopes, and side by side they do just that. That little nub ya'll are talking about is a pos-lock for the reticle. and it works very well. NF uses a very stiff spring piece of metel. I think you will be very happy with your Burris scope. My 4X16X50 did not come with targert knobs, and just last week I sent it to Burris to have them install target knobs. I can't wait to get it back eather so I can play with the elev for LR shooting. In Low light condictions Burris hangs with the best. Bill Maylor.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Silver Member

Sorry I did not ancer your question. NO set screw has to be tighten or losened. Please tell us what kind of rifle is this Burris topping? Bill Maylor.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
Salty Hog, would you mind telling me what you payed for your burris + shipping . I want to compare to see what I can get one for.

Thanks BIgbuck
BB, I ended up getting the BD for $806 & some change since that was the price of the SIII MD that I originally ordered. The shipping was free(UPS Grnd)and there was no sales tax. Optics Planet was a pleasure to work with so far and I'll definitely do business with them again.

Bill, I'll be putting a Remington Model 700SPS Stainless 270WSM under it. The gun itself is stock for now but I plan on starting with a trigger job and a HS Precision Sporter stock w/BBs.

I'm new to long range shooting and this will be my first LR semi-custom rifle so I'll be taking my time with it and trying pic y'alls brains threw the process.

I'd also like to thank all of you for your relpies and advice on all of threads I started in the past couple of weeks. I really appreciate it big time, I'll keep y'all updated on how things work out with the combo.

Thank's again from your cajun Compadre!

SH