Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Looking for hi-end scope with no left side turret.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Bronze Member

Looking for hi-end scope with no left side turret.

I'm left handed and have been fooling around for years to get my rem 700 .338 rum to consistently and cleanly eject empties. My swar z-6 2.5-15x56 is mounted in a picatinny rail and I've tried
Messing around with the ejector springs. I've got it so it's working ok, but not like it should. To me it just seems simpler to switch to a scope with no turret on the left side. Does anybody know of a high end (aka, ziess, swar, etc) scope in the 3-18 range with no Turret on the left? Thanks
Old 04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Looking for hi-end scope with no left side turret.

Do you mean paralax adjustment on the left? There are some scopes that have an AO adjustment on the objective end of the scope. You will have to reach farther to adjust the paralax. The only other way is to move the ejector position on the bolt face so that it flips the case out at a different angle. I think most gunsmiths could do this for you.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Platinum Member

That stinks, i'm really suprised by that, i'm a southpaw & haven't had that trouble with 4 Savages, 3 Remingtons & a Ruger... maybe it is the scope??

If you're wanting "high-end" look no further than the USO non-tpal, they are AO so there is no paralax knob on the turret housing.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Bronze Member

Not sure if you mean the windage turret or the paralax.
If you talking about windage turret I have never seen anything like that.
US optics does makes custom scopes could try calling them up and see if its doable.
It will probably be really expensive because that would be outside of their normal offerings.
so its probably a better idea just to use whats out there.
If its paralax your talking about USO has the ERGO AO adjustment.

Last edited by Ian B; 04-12-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Platinum Member

I don't think he's referring to the windage turret (wrong side of scope), the OP is a south paw, which means the shells eject on the left ; i think he is having trouble with the shell hitting the parallax adjustment and falling back into the action.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Bronze Member

Ya it's the parrelex adj turret on the left side. I talked to my smith about moving the location of the ejector on the bolt face and he didn't seem to keen on the idea! I'll look into the USO scope. If anyone knows of a smith who's messed with the ejector location please forward his name. Thanks guys
Old 04-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Bronze Member

I was just checking out the USO scopes. Looks like that may be my answer. How do the USO compare optically to the best ziess and swar?