Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Long Range Scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Long Range Scopes

Thank you all for your input!

I'm starting to re-think my choices even more, now that I've heard some of your feedback. I will probably drop the Sightron pursuit. Seems like a decent scope but for the money, better ones can be had. At least that is the concensus I've heard from this and other forums.

My favorite scopes have always been Leupold but I wanted to try something different this time. Bushnell Elite Series scopes have definitely been in my eye. I must admit that I've been hesitant to try one. I've seen more than one cheap model Bushnell scope break or fall apart. Yet, you can get that with any cheapie scope. I thought about trying something different and save a few bucks but a LR rig is definitely not the rig to try it on. Probably just wait and research some more. Though for the moment, Bushnell Elite is my top choice.

Any suggestions, please pass them on!

Good shooting!
Old 07-18-2003, 05:32 PM
Gold Member

Re: Long Range Scopes

I would also encourage you to check the Nikon Monarch. It will meet or exceed your needs for a long distant scope.
I believe Boyd Heaton uses one.
Wonderful customer service as well...sakofan.