Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leveling the scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Leveling the scope

Triggernosis

This particular discussion to this point as I understand it is only about placing the scope on the rifle.

Canting the rifle during fire and inclined fire are two new and different topics.

Unless of course you're pulling my leg and knew that!!
Old 04-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Platinum Member

Swift One

Isn't it a little amazing that the seemingly mundane things we've done in the past can sudden like become new and somewhat complicated in this long range shooting environment??? Who da thunk mounting a scope could be so much trouble??
Old 04-12-2007, 04:37 AM

Dave,

I agree completely. I find myself paying even closer attention to my reloading, I find myself trying to guess the wind all the time when just walking around doing everyday things, and reading everything I can get my eyes on about this discipline. This site has helped me tremendously.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member

this site is very helpful!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:16 AM
Gold Member

I like the Level-Level-Level by Wheeler. One level mounts on the action rails and one on the scope turret. All you need to do is level the rifle in your vise based on the action rail level, then as you adjust your scope you can keep it level. Especially helpful if your rings can tilt the scope as you tighten. Watching the level on the turret tells you immediately if you are going out of level. Why didn't I think to invent such a simple tool?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]