Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leveling my action opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Gold Member

Re: Leveling my action opinions

Id take one for sure. I don't know if it will fit my sako m995 but id buy it anyway.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Silver Member

I'll get you a solid price if you want one.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iclimb View Post
They'll be close to $50 shipped. May come in slightly under but that's a pretty good estimate. Individually machined, in the USA.

They're machined on 4 sides to ensure flat surface,
You may want to check some other machine shops. You can buy precision ground barstock in 6 foot pieces for less than $80.00 + shipping.

McMaster-Carr.

The 1/4"x 1" size should be a good fit in a Remington 700 bolt race.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Silver Member

I'm still interested too. Once you get a few others to go in and figure out a price. Just let me know.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
You may want to check some other machine shops. You can buy precision ground barstock in 6 foot pieces for less than $80.00 + shipping.

McMaster-Carr.

The 1/4"x 1" size should be a good fit in a Remington 700 bolt race.

These are not the dimensions being used. So far this has been compatible in three different actions. Also I can't say as to the precision, steel anymore is diff. Lot to lot. but this is checked. Thirdly, don't know if it will give you the weight needed to overcome the spring loaded release and sit in the he action nicely, weight helps. And fourth I was just guessing as to the price I'm going to get 12 made to try and cut down on it and we're penciling it out now. You're welcome to get whatever you want, I'll get $$$ soon. I can always tell you more and cut it but hard to raise it... You know.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iclimb View Post
These are not the dimensions being used. So far this has been compatible in three different actions. Also I can't say as to the precision, steel anymore is diff. Lot to lot. but this is checked. Thirdly, don't know if it will give you the weight needed to overcome the spring loaded release and sit in the he action nicely, weight helps. And fourth I was just guessing as to the price I'm going to get 12 made to try and cut down on it and we're penciling it out now. You're welcome to get whatever you want, I'll get $$$ soon. I can always tell you more and cut it but hard to raise it... You know.
No problem, I have no dog in this hunt. Just thought it might save you a few dollars.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Silver Member

Yeah, I checked into it. We looking at a couple options, precision tool being one. It's hard to find the beginning width and shipping is a killer. I feel like I still want the two sides machined flat to gaurentee level. Thanks for the site I always bookmark tools and supplies.