Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leupy vs. NightForce

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2005, 05:07 PM

Re: Leupy vs. NightForce

Well....one of the WORST KICKING rifles I ever had (before brakes) was a .378 Weatherby shooting hot loads and the Leupy on it....stood up like a champ! I probably put over 2000 rounds through that rifle over a period of 3 years and the scope went with the rifle when I sold it! The guys still shooting the same scope to my knowledge!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] And don't most of those rifles you're speaking of....HAVE BRAKES UP FRONT?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 05:15 PM
SPONSOR

the only thing I don't understand here is that some people are making the Leups out to be crap and the NF to be the holy grail of optics.
If the tracking is that much better in the NF then it will definantly be something i might wanna sell my first born for. But either way the Leup still makes a hell of a long range hunting scope.

steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 11-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member

Can't miss this opportunity. How about the Schmidt & Bender - I recently looked up at a satelite going overhead and I could clearly see Pete's finger prints on it! Tried that with my NXS and MK 4 and could not even see the satelite!!! (Pete, that was with my new set of eye glasses [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])
Leupy vs Nightforce - buy what you enjoy and to hell what the others guys use. NXS is a heck of a scope, so are the original fixed power REAL MK4's. I shoot them both a lot, although seems the NXS is winning the battle in my gunsafes.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Platinum Member

For me I have changed from Leupold to the NXS's with the NPR-2 reticle and just love them.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Silver Member

Lerch
you sell Leupy right!
Nobody said leupy were crap (except you)
Leupy has some great scopes and have had them for several years!! when your on top of the game some times you never retool untill your competition closes in or somebody has a comparable or better product. Leupy has great products for the average sportsman. Every Tom, Dick and lerch will never need a nightforce but probably already have a leupy.

You ask for other peoples opinions and you got several

Even tho your mind was madeup before hand. you like Leupy,you sell Leupy, you can buy Leupy wholesale, and you should stand up for them. No problem here I even like Leupy

I only have one nightforce scope. I like it. I like it alot!

Don't and I repeat Don't sell your first born, It's not that good [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

CAM
Old 11-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

[ QUOTE ]
Leupy vs Nightforce - buy what you enjoy and to hell what the others guys use. NXS is a heck of a scope, so are the original fixed power REAL MK4's. I shoot them both a lot, although seems the NXS is winning the battle in my gunsafes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Platinum Member

You betcha! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

My only gripe with Nightforce (and S&B for that matter) is a serious lack of lightweight hunting scopes. I really don't want to pay $430 dollars for a lightweight Mcmillan stock (where they are trying hard to shave of ounces) and then turn around and throw a 2lb scope on it! Yes, I know they make smaller and lighter models in the NXS line but not in a suitable long range variable power.

I would really like to see them become competitive in the sporter weight/hunting arena of optics. I know they could make a dandy if they tried. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Until then, I will just have to shoot through my Leupy's!
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.