Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

LEUPOLD SPOTTING SCOPE Quality?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Platinum Member

Re: LEUPOLD SPOTTING SCOPE Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce_ventura View Post
6.5Express,

I've used a Leupold 12-40x60 Gold Ring HD a bit and noticed that the focus had to be readjusted whenever I changed magnification. Does yours do the same?

I was hoping someone would bring this up & i'll add to it. Some of the cheaper, low end Leupy optics (Sequoia etc) are imported, as in, not manufactured/assembled in Oregon. I would attest that point to the utter failure in the quality of the optic (hence the low price). I am running Golden Ring Switch Power Binos that are every bit as good as my Zeiss & Nikon glass (still won't touch Swaro).

I've examined a good bit of Leupy's cheaper optics & fully intend to keep my distance from them.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Gold Member

Re: LEUPOLD SPOTTING SCOPE Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
I was hoping someone would bring this up & i'll add to it. Some of the cheaper, low end Leupy optics (Sequoia etc) are imported, as in, not manufactured/assembled in Oregon. I would attest that point to the utter failure in the quality of the optic (hence the low price). I am running Golden Ring Switch Power Binos that are every bit as good as my Zeiss & Nikon glass (still won't touch Swaro).

I've examined a good bit of Leupy's cheaper optics & fully intend to keep my distance from them.

I sent a pair of Sequoia binoculars that literally fell apart back to Leupold and told them I did not want them back. I told them exactly what I thought of the garbage now wearing the Leupold name. Initially they told me a free repair was my only option but I stood my ground arguing these binoculars failed my inspection, and that the UCC allows returns after a longer than normal inspection period if that is how long it takes to find defects. They ended up giving me credit towards a rangefinder. I bought Swarovski EL 10x40s and have been happy.