Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leupold Scopes???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Leupold Scopes???

Leupolds are a solid choice for all the reasons that have been enumerated already.

That being said I want to tell about another scope that is doing good . That is the Nikon 4.5 x 14 x 40 buckmaster with side parallax adjustment. After using not one but two on centerfire and muzzleloader I can attest that they quality is there. Tracking is spot on , brightness is at least on par with the comparable Leupolds ( several that have looked throught them have chosen the Nikon over the Leupold . Also the Nikon has rev counter markings , a feature that the Leupold that is the closest comparable scope does not have.

I have and like all 10 of my Leupolds , but mark this .... Nikon is coming on strong and as far as I'm concerned that is a good thing . I feel like Leupold hass been riding on it 's rep too long and need s to step up to the plate with better scopes at a realistic price .

Jim
Old 10-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Silver Member

I know a lot les than these other gus, but I do know this. I have been scope shopping for myt .300win and I looked at a Leupold VXIII 3.5X10X50 for the first time last weekend. It was by far the most superior scope I have ever held to my eye. My mind is made that is the scope I will buy.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:30 AM
Gold Member

Elwood,
Our No.1 Leupold hater is obviously not back from Scotland yet, or maybe he is still looking for his satelite [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
This post to him, Will be like a red rag to a bull! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Watch this space.

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"
Old 10-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Bronze Member

Yes that's right, Pete is still in Scotland - he wont be back before he has found the satellite or eradicated Scotland's roe population, whatever happens sooner...

Cant wait to read his response to this thread!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Gold Member

Elwood,
Sind sie Deutch, oder sind sie fremder der in Deutchland wohntd?

Ian.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Bronze Member

I'm German, actually. I live just around the corner of Pete's and he is building me a rifle at the moment (when he is not out hunting or fooling around with satellites!). If only McMillan was getting a move on with the stock...[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I translated his website into German and hope to get Pete to teach me some long range basics. So far I havent managed to scare the deer away far enough to present a long range shot but I am working on it.

Cheers,

elwood.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Gold Member

Elwood,
I am actually Half German, my mother comes from Celle near Hannover.
As i told Pete i have visited your area with the sports twinning society, a lot to talk about, shoot me an E-mail, my address is under my profile, i look forward to hearing from you.

Ian

PS. How was my German i have not written any for over 15 years.