Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leupold RXB-IV Range Finding Binoculars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Bronze Member

Leupold RXB-IV Range Finding Binoculars

I am looking at getting a new rangefinder and am looking at these. Just wondering if anyone has used or have the leupold RXB-IV Range Finding Binoculars and what they think of them.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Gold Member

Re: Leupold RXB-IV Range Finding Binoculars

I have used these and in my opionion they are not good. Me and my dad both had the leupold/windriver rangfinding bino's (the model prior to the RXB-IV) and when the new ones came out, he got rid of his and upgraded to the RXB-IV since it had some new features and went further in range.

We have been very unimpressed with his. the optics are good enough, but its hard to get readings past about 700 yds and the functions are kind of tricky to use. Ive got it down but he (DAD) is not real into electronics and has a hard time getting it set right, or back to set right, if it gets off somehow.

also, the biggest problem with his is that the yardage is off. at 60 measured yards (with a tape and my swaro) his reads 66 yards. its off by 3 to 4 yrds at 40 and so on. not sure how far off at 600 yards, but cleary not acceptable.

When he took his back to cabelas the optics guys said they get more returns on the these and the other leupold rangfinders than any others combined.

I am a huge leupold fan but from what i have seen, their rangefinders are not that good. just my opinion.