Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leupold MOA reticle...FINALLY!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Leupold MOA reticle...FINALLY!

Can they do first focal plane scopes?
Old 05-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Academy View Post
Can they do first focal plane scopes?
No. These are for SFP only.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Silver Member

Anyone have a link to Leupolds website to where you can have the reticle work done.
I assume its there custom shop? Been to there website but did not see where to go from there.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by runshort View Post
Anyone have a link to Leupolds website to where you can have the reticle work done.
I assume its there custom shop? Been to there website but did not see where to go from there.
Follow the instructions in the link. The charge is 159.00 and the wait time it's approximately two weeks.

Product Service | Leupold Optics
Old 05-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Silver Member

Brentc

Thanks for the link. Sent a VX3 4.5x14x50 LR this week to have the TS- 32X1reticle installed in.
Hope it works as well as it looks
Old 06-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by runshort View Post
Brentc

Thanks for the link. Sent a VX3 4.5x14x50 LR this week to have the TS- 32X1reticle installed in.
Hope it works as well as it looks
How long until you get this scope back? The VX3 4.5-14x50 with the new TS-321X reticle is the exact scope I want to put on my lightweight elk rifle. Currently have a Vortex Viper PST, and switching to the Leupold is going to save several ounces.

If you think of it, maybe you could post up your thoughts on the new reticle once you get it out for some use.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber338 View Post
How long until you get this scope back? The VX3 4.5-14x50 with the new TS-321X reticle is the exact scope I want to put on my lightweight elk rifle. Currently have a Vortex Viper PST, and switching to the Leupold is going to save several ounces.

If you think of it, maybe you could post up your thoughts on the new reticle once you get it out for some use.
Granted I live only about a couple miles from their plant, but it only took them a few days to install this new reticle in my scope - the same one you're looking at.

I've only had it at the range doing load development so far in my new .280AI. I've been using nothing but Nightforce 5.5-22x50's with the NPR1 reticle for the last few years and have gotten very used to those scopes. This Leupold in comparison is taking some getting used to primarily because it's simply different. At 300 yards, the crosshairs don't necessarily cover the 3" target circles that I use, but between the top end of 14 and the thickness of the reticle, it's much tougher to get a great view of this small target. That being said, I don't think this will be any issue at all when used for hunting and shooting at game, whether it's elk or gophers.

Other than that, I am growing pretty fond of this new scope for this gun (one of my objectives was keeping the weight at under 9lbs and this scope helps accomplish that). It's clear, the reticle doesn't seem too busy at all.