Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leupold MOA reticle...FINALLY!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Silver Member

Re: Leupold MOA reticle...FINALLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Academy View Post
The dots are not of great interest to me, but the numbers are. They make it much quicker to get on target in certain situations.

Just my 2 cents.
I would agree with that for sure.

I think I am gonna sit on this conversion until after next hunting season, see how some of the guys that use these like them and go from there. I have no doubt the numbers are nice, but I would like to see if people experience the so to speak "busy" dots as a hindrance or an asset. I could also see how they could be pretty nice. My only fear is in the process of finding the right dot in the right line in the heat of the moment in a hunting situation?????? Who knows.

I agree, a Leupold with an MOA reticle just made life better!!!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Gold Member

I'm going to have it done in my MK4. I'm curious to see how much the dots clutter the view. I'm betting it's minimal. I kind of like the functionality of the dots for long range wind holds for quicker shots.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Silver Member

Popping in for an update to see if anybody has had this installed yet and if you like it or not?

Part of me still thinks it's kinda busy looking but on the other hand the dots could be super nice

Out of curiosity, at what magnification are the sub tension numbers accurate? Are they right on at max magnification or half mag?
Old 03-19-2014, 12:09 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1982 View Post
Popping in for an update to see if anybody has had this installed yet and if you like it or not?

Part of me still thinks it's kinda busy looking but on the other hand the dots could be super nice

Out of curiosity, at what magnification are the sub tension numbers accurate? Are they right on at max magnification or half mag?
I had mine done. I haven't shot with it yet. I'm waiting for my rifle to come back from a rebarrel. Anyway, the reticle is clean and not at all "busy". I'll update as I get some trigger time behind it. The subtension is accurate at max power.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentc View Post
I had mine done. I haven't shot with it yet. I'm waiting for my rifle to come back from a rebarrel. Anyway, the reticle is clean and not at all "busy". I'll update as I get some trigger time behind it. The subtension is accurate at max power.
Sweet. I have a 6.5-20 VX-3 that this would be really cool in I think.

Kinda a strange request, but is there any way you could get an actual picture looking through the actual scope? Just curious how the reticle transfers onto real glass.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentc View Post
I'm in nearly the same boat. Had mine done and waiting (hopefully later this week) to get a new .280AI build back from the gunsmith. I don't think it looks too busy at all and am looking forward to some range time with it to really get a feel for it.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1982 View Post
Sweet. I have a 6.5-20 VX-3 that this would be really cool in I think.

Kinda a strange request, but is there any way you could get an actual picture looking through the actual scope? Just curious how the reticle transfers onto real glass.
This is what it looks like through the scope.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Leupold MOA reticle...FINALLY!-photo.jpg