Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leupold MOA reticle...FINALLY!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Silver Member

Re: Leupold MOA reticle...FINALLY!

Talked to leupold a few days ago the price on this new reticle is $159.99 installed !
Old 12-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Silver Member

I would prefer the MOA reticle without all the dots, just hashes on the crosshairs. It strikes me as too busy and distracting. I think I'll stick with my TMR for now.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMAG2 View Post
I would prefer the MOA reticle without all the dots, just hashes on the crosshairs. It strikes me as too busy and distracting. I think I'll stick with my TMR for now.
The reticle shown on page 2 of this thread is not the TMOA reticle according to Leupold. From Leupold's website:
TMOA Reticle | Leupold Optics
Old 12-07-2013, 08:01 PM

Do any of the new models from Leupold offer a zero stop on them? Not a mark but. Actual stop.
Thanks
BMh
Old 12-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Platinum Member

Bummer, I liked the other reticle better! However, I will give this one a try once they move to the 6.5-20x.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-P-UU View Post
The reticle shown on page 2 of this thread is not the TMOA reticle according to Leupold. From Leupold's website:
TMOA Reticle | Leupold Optics
About 4 months ago I asked a tech person about the MOA reticle, she sent me a pic of the one with all the dots. Then upon looking at a list of their available reticles, I also noticed the TMOA and asked them about it. The replied to me like I was an iddiot and they didn't have any idea what I was even talking about when i asked them about it, even though it is plain as day on their website.

If anybody knows anything about the TMOA, that appears to me to be what all of us are kinda looking for.

I see the advantages to the dots, but I am with one of the previous posts, just seems a little too busy for me. But maybe it would be nice, who knows.

Be nice to hear from some people who have tried it, see what their thoughts are.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member

The dots are not of great interest to me, but the numbers are. They make it much quicker to get on target in certain situations.

Just my 2 cents.