Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leupld turrets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Silver Member

Leupld turrets

Pardon my ignorance, I'm haven't delt with fooling around with scopes, normally I just slap one on and run with it but I"m slowly learning that mule deer don't always sit still long enough for a stalk so I should be proficiant at taking them at longer ranges ( longer for me, not for you guys, I don't have any expectations of shooting deer at 1000 yard or anything)

I want to get some adjustable turrets for my VXIII 4.5-14x40 1" scope. Right now its just factroy duplex reticle but I'd like some turrets so I can dial up my zero with the least amount of hassle and math and then return it back to my original zero. I'm all for custom knobs but I'm not sure how this all works, is the turret and the knob two separate parts?

Do I have to get Leupold to install these or can I do it myself? What would be the best turret for my purposes?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Brambles
Old 10-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Silver Member

Re: Leupld turrets

If target knobs are all you want...they are easy to switch...

M1 target knobs should work for you...the VX III has good "clicks", so all you need is finger adjustable knobs (that is, if I understood your question correctly)

Last edited by Ridgerunner665; 10-30-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member

Brambles:
First off, turret and knob are interchangable terms.

Leupold can retrofit your scope with the knobs you want. Go to: https://customshop.leupold.com/ and you will be able to see all your options. Then call them up and ask them about what it might cost you to have your knobs changed. The good thing about sending your scope back to Leupold is that it preserves your warranty.

They can also change your reticle if you like.

Last edited by trebark; 10-30-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

The M1 turrets are great we have them put on to a 4.5-14x40mm MK4 30mm tube and they are great.

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com
mike@csgunworks.com

Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on AR15.com
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on Snipersparadise
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on the HIDE
Old 10-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Silver Member

Another option would be their standard target turrets, that have the screw on dust cover. I had a scope with these for a while and it worked fine. Just need to make sure you don't lose the little dust covers. Oh, my only complaint about the system was the tiny hex set screws. These are a PITA and the allen wrench didn't have a good tight fit. Compare the costs I guess. But I'd personally go with the M1's as stated above. Just figured you might want to know about this option as well.

Geb
Old 10-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Silver Member

Can you lock the M1's down so they won't adjust, I have an eberlestock pack and slide my rifle in and out numerous times a day and I wouldn't want the friction to change the turret setting.

I guess I wouldn't have that problem with the LR turrets and the screw on dust covers
Old 10-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Silver Member

My Leupold Mark 2 has the T1 turrets (target turrets) with the screw on caps...I like that setup myself.

I have had no problems with the hex screws...they don't need to be all that tight...just good and snug.

To the OP...the T1's are another option you should consider, in my opinion...I should have mentioned them in my first post, but I was in a hurry (on my way out to go to work)