Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leica's New Geovid HD-B

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Silver Member

Re: Leica's New Geovid HD-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulish View Post
So are the out on the market yet?
Nope
Old 06-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinetowgunner View Post
Nope
Actually, Eric at EuroOptic told me yesterday that they have shipped a few out already. However, they don't expect a big shipment until July. So.....there are a few out there being shipped to customers. Let's hope one of those customers is a member here and will report their findings. I've also been anxiously awaiting the release of these rangefinding binos. I'm waiting to see the reports and reviews before deciding between these and the swaros.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrdbycotn View Post
Actually, Eric at EuroOptic told me yesterday that they have shipped a few out already. However, they don't expect a big shipment until July. So.....there are a few out there being shipped to customers. Let's hope one of those customers is a member here and will report their findings. I've also been anxiously awaiting the release of these rangefinding binos. I'm waiting to see the reports and reviews before deciding between these and the swaros.
I am one of the lucky people who had a tracking number in the email from Eric. We bought them at SCI. Can't wait till Tue. Tried both these and svaro's (been using Geovid's for a while) and had no reservations. In fact, my buddy who bought a pair as well owns Svaro's too, he felt the same way.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Gold Member

We received our 1st shipment this week (all went to fill pre-orders) and are expecting more deliveries every week or two moving forward
Old 06-24-2013, 05:27 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by land cruiser View Post
I am one of the lucky people who had a tracking number in the email from Eric. We bought them at SCI. Can't wait till Tue. Tried both these and svaro's (been using Geovid's for a while) and had no reservations. In fact, my buddy who bought a pair as well owns Svaro's too, he felt the same way.

So what are your first impressions with the new leicas?
Old 06-24-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrdbycotn View Post
So what are your first impressions with the new leicas?
Same as they were at the show - glad I didn't jump the gun yo buy Swarovski when they first came out.I have not spend time at the range yet, but it is in order in the next two weeks.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Bronze Member

It appears they are starting to trickle in, I see Cabelas has the 10x42 model listed as in stock. I guess I don't pay a ton of attention to when products hit after SHOT but July/August seems pretty late to get a hunting optic out that was at the SHOT to market. A lot of guys that are that serious about their optics want it in hand to work with well before August.

One would think that considering basically every generation we see of new ranging binocs from Zeiss/Swarovski/Leica tends to trump the other two as long as it's the newest generation they would not want to miss the bulk of a hunting season's sales while they were in that most recent generation slot. Should Swarovski/Zeiss come out with something new next year and they miss the bulk of sales this season I'd think that would be a pretty big dent in overall sales, but perhaps not. The Zeiss for instance has now been on the market since 2009, it wouldn't surprise me to see them release a new model next year. Especially since they are now well behind the light transmission curve with the new prisms others all appear to be going to. Though I'd be interested to see if those new prisms are giving up any resolution to gain all that light transmission, usually in optics you can't pick up that much light transmission without some trade off.