Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leica, what do we want them to manufacture?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Silver Member

Re: Leica, what do we want them to manufacture?

Since we are wishing,
15-25 power, 1500 on fur, put a signal strength indicator like the old Bushnell 1000's and use an accurate thin lined box for the ranging point.
Binocs, with bottom mounting screw, wouldn't care if they were the size of a lunchbox, mount on a tripod anyway. Maybe a small port for an accesory of a remote ranging pushbutton with an 18inch cable for attaching to the adjustment handles on the tripod.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:48 PM

Pete
Please, please ask them to make rifle scopes!!!
Leica is my choice of binocs after much personal debate and cross referencing on Zeiss; Swaro.
Since I don't see S&B binocs and have not used their scopes I can't compare Leica to S&B for performance but I would expect Leica to at least equal S&B in quality and maybe at a cheaper price?
I have used Swaro; Zeiss and high end Leupold extensively.
My wish would be for a 6-24 variable with a reticle suitable for shooting small game such as rabbits out to 1000yds. Need trustworthy turrets and prefer something lighter than the 5-25 S&B [ie <1kg].
Also room in cabinet for an excellent 1-4 variable for close fast work. Note true 1 power!!
Again please get them to make us some scopes!
APB
Old 01-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Platinum Member

Oboy, O boy, Oboy !!

Pete, ya gotta tell'em to make a 10 to 15 Duovid with a improved LRF piggy backing as in the geovid brf. We need more magnification to be able to resolve smaller targets to lase at distance . So, a 10 to 15 x 50 duovid brf will be it for me. Course improving the laser performance is really important too .

Jim B.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Not trying to hijack the thread...

[ QUOTE ]
Leica is my choice of binocs after much personal debate and cross referencing on Zeiss; Swaro.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should at the very least re-afirm that each indaviduals eyes are differant and that the best for me isnt for another. Back to the example of the Zeiss that I couldnt see ANYTHING clearly through yet others claimed they were the best. They are all good, we just have to find what works for us as indaviduals.

Regards!
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:57 AM
Gold Member

Don´t know when or where.. but I saw one of those gunwriters do an article in a magazine and the rifle had a leica scope on top....so they have at least made one.

Pete, I´d vote for a 8x30 or 8x32 bino with RF that will WORK up to 1000 yds/m. under any conditions.. keeping weight low.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:10 AM
Gold Member

Some good ideas there gents, keep em coming..
the Leica scopes previously seen where manufactured by Leupold, the partnership didn't last very long as Leica weren't happy with the quality.
There are some definate gaps in what is already available.
Hopefully Leica will fill a few of them on recomendation of your guys suggestions,
Regards Pete
Old 01-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Silver Member

Hello Pete,

A few ideas for the LRF 1200,

Butler creek style flip up covers.

Spare batttery compartment.

I second the tripod fixing and mounting bracket requirments and add a bracket to fit to NV goggles.

Change the operating switch for a very light push operation
with safety catch.

New product idea:-

range finder that fits neatly on or around scope and projects the reading into the scope.Remote switch on stock.
Keep your favorite scope!

Cheers Jeza