Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leica or swaroski or zeiss spotting scope's which one best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 05:26 AM

Re: Leica or swaroski or zeiss spotting scope's which one best?

I am very much familiar with both swarovski or zeiss spotting scope but have little bit of knowledge on Leica scopes. Zeiss Scopes are excellent and has innovative design. These scopes are high-dimensional lens system, lightweight and coated multilayer. In technical specification, they have the widest field view, neutral colors, robustness and preciseness. It is perfect for long-range shooting and hunting under extreme conditions. It is easy to handle, are light weighing. Swarovski scope offers considerable consistency of usage, accuracy and precision at all times. It is the most compact, rugged and reliable series with an impressive range of design as well. This optic delivers elegance, ruggedness, and unparalleled optical performance. Leica scope is also very good optic that is perfectly suited for target shooting, hunting, or wildlife observation. These three scopes are definitely good scopes.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 AM

I'd consider the Meopta Meostar. Czech made, it's optics are warmer with a higher contrast than these three, has the widest field of view by far and is a lot less expensive.
Look at the rockslide review or go to a birding site for confirmation. Meopta is one jewel of a spotter.
Skip
Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Silver Member

Kowa 88mm TSN-883.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
I was thinking of buying a swaro HD 85mm.But I was wondering what people on here thought?, Because I know that there are people on here with alot of experience and knowledge with these spotting scope's.Could I get some help please?I'll be useing it for hunting and shooting.

Swaro and Leica are mighty close. Id give Swaro a 100...Leica a 99. I like seeing the colors better thru a Swaro. BOTH are the Ultra Plus of scopes
Old 04-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Silver Member

looked thru the zeiss and swarovski, but went with zeiss for the rebate they had going a while back. you need to look at the kowa line if you really want to get the best scope period this thing is amazing when compared to the top three. the place I went to only had the 66 and compared tho the 85 zeiss it was still brighter.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinjax View Post
Kowa 88mm TSN-883.
Yep. Have a buddy who is a glass fanatic. He was able to bring all the scopes mentioned home for extended comparison. He went with the kowa. I followed his lad.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Platinum Member

For what its worth. I have a Swaro ATS 80 HD with a 20~60 eye piece. My hunting buddy recently bought a Vortex Viper 20~60 x80 spotter. I have put them on my window mount side by side now 3 different times to compare them. I see no difference. Except I paid $2800 Five years ago, he just bought his new for $800 or $900

Jeff