Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leica repair service?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Silver Member

Leica repair service?

Anybody have any problems with repair sevice? Experiances welcome. I bounced mine off the ceramic tile floor and no longer reads distance and am taking full responsability for damage, totaly my fault but just wondering what to expect amd sending it of tomarrow to someplace in NJ.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Leica repair service?

They'll fix it and they'll charge you with willful damages to property and send you to jail, not passing go and not paying $200...No, really!

You'll send it to them, they'll fix it, they'll send it back to you!

You will pay postage, there--you may NOW have to pay postage back--years ago when they fixed my binoculars, they paid for return postage...

I also dropped mine, but off a cliff face with me attached...broke the stock of my Sako 75, Swarovski scope, my binos, my Randall knife and my back...

They (Leica) asked me for the model Nbr., when and where bought, my name and address and said ship it...Swarovski and Randall both said the same thing and my insurance paid for a new stock for the rifle (MPI Mannlicher) but they didn't need to ask me my name and address!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Platinum Member

Hope you did not buy it used. I have a Leica spotting scope, purchased years ago used. Called them re warranty, and there is none to the second owner.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Bronze Member

I had a set of the 10x42 BRF's that the laser was out of adjustment. I sent them in and they eventually got fixed just like new. Problem was it took 4 months. I was used to getting it back in two weeks or less from the boys in Oregon.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Bronze Member

The Leica rep at the Hunters Expo in SLC told me that Leica has had a change in their customer service policies... Non abuse, non total replacement repairs are usually done at no charge. My hunting buddy sent his Geovid in because the read out was not bright enough to see in the daytime and they repaired it at no charge. I'm not sure how long it took to get it back. Leica has not always had the best reputation concerning customer service... they are working hard to change that. NJS
Old 08-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Silver Member

Well heres the story mornin glories they recieved my 1200 rf on the 11th and today the 19th I recieved a box, expecting a returned rangefinder still broke becouse I never recieved a call or email so upon opening the box and dumping out the shipping peanuts I found a brand new Lieca 1200 rf and a receit for no charges. I will probly be a costumer for life. I feel lucky today.

Just hope this one reads as well as my old style couse last year a buddy had the new style and could'nt read as far as mine.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:07 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmrowland View Post
Well heres the story mornin glories they recieved my 1200 rf on the 11th and today the 19th I recieved a box, expecting a returned rangefinder still broke becouse I never recieved a call or email so upon opening the box and dumping out the shipping peanuts I found a brand new Lieca 1200 rf and a receit for no charges.
How long ago did you puchase your Leica? I just researched their warranty and learned Leica has a two-year limited warranty on their CRFs.