Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leica LRF - field test/experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member

Leica LRF - field test/experience

Rain'd most of the morning. I was out in it. Son and I were walkin' and stalkin' out back beyond my 1000 yd target.

This evening I took the rifle out to the bench along with the LRF. (Plenty of opportunity for animals to cross between the bench and the 1000 yd target.) But not this evening, as usual [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Discovery: Hadn't been able to range the 1000yd target (Plywood which I've never shot at BTW) or anything else in that area.

Got to wondering what the effect of the rain would be. WaaLaa - ranged everything between me and the target.

The 1000 yd target is 1030 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The problem then became one of target discrimination. Had to steady things up a bit to get accurate. Ranged every thing visible. Was super effective ranges were from between 756 and 1141.

Whatdaya learn from this? Hell I don't know [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] But it was interesting.

All of the readings will go on a good aerial photo I have. Just let a yote walk across there now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

All this is prep for next year's new rifle. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]