Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

LEICA 3.5-14x42 with target turrets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 09:56 PM

LEICA 3.5-14x42 with target turrets

Anyone out there with some hands on experience with this scope. I can't find out how much verticle adjustment is available on their website. Also wondering what the repeatability is like with respect to the verticle adjustment as well.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Gold Member

Re: LEICA 3.5-14x42 with target turrets

Tagging in. I want one of these scopes badly. Have looked through a few and wow.. hope you get some answers
Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boman View Post
Tagging in. I want one of these scopes badly. Have looked through a few and wow.. hope you get some answers
Would you want one for $900 brand new?
Old 04-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Silver Member

I have a LNIB demo 3.5-14 with target turret I'll sell you for $800. Never mounted it.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Gold Member

You guys are killing me. I don't have cash right now.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURAMAX View Post
Anyone out there with some hands on experience with this scope. I can't find out how much verticle adjustment is available on their website. Also wondering what the repeatability is like with respect to the verticle adjustment as well.
Duramax,

I am not sure if I can help you much but I just got one of these scopes and finally got it mounted on my gun last night. I am really new to this Turret game and actually have never shot a gun with the external elevation turret.

I am not sure if this is what I am suppose to do but once it was mounted I laser bore sighted it to 100 yards and I ended up running out of vertical adjustment. I was still below my cross hairs by a few MOA.

I took the included "key" and allen key and took apart the turret, I was able to move the number dials around a few more times so I could get the crosshairs inline with the laser. I still have some work to do on this but I was able to still have a fair amount of adjustment with the full turn of the turret after reassembling it.

Again not sure if this helps you at all. I can probably report back after I figure out truly sighting it in.

Overall though, these scopes are amazing optically. And the prices you can find for them right now are hard to pass up. IBS reticle is pretty cool as well for ease of wind and elevation hold over compensation.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:42 PM
Bronze Member

Is the IBS reticle based on mils?