Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leica 1600b profiles and angle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 11:14 PM
Bronze Member

Leica 1600b profiles and angle

I have been reading through all the posts to understand how the 1600b uses the profiles in correcting distance. As I understand it, it applies one of the curves and simultaneously adjusts for temp and pressure over sea level, as well as angle.

My problem is I don't think any of the profiles will fit my load. I have not been able to find the entire chart, but I did get the information on curve 4 out to 500, and it was well off. From the parts I have for curve 5, I suspect it will be off in the other direction...ie I will fill in between.

All I really want is for it to give me a corrected distance based on the angle, and to leave the rest alone, which it does not seem to do.

Am I understanding this correctly? That is, in order to get the angle corrected distance with any decent accuracy, I have to have a load that matches one of the curve presets?

Somehow, I find it hard to believe that as many people recommend this RF, all of them fit one of the curves, so I wonder if I am misunderstanding how all of this works.

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Silver Member

Re: Leica 1600b profiles and angle

if you want another zero let me know
Old 05-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Silver Member

for some reason it didn't work ?
just click on it for a bigger pic and ignore the red biro me son got to it haha
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Leica 1600b profiles and angle-img_0943-small-.jpg  
Old 05-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Silver Member

"All I really want is for it to give me a corrected distance based on the angle, and to leave the rest alone, which it does not seem to do."

Leica 1000R.

straight line or cosine only for angle comp. No ballistics, temp, humidity nonsense.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Silver Member

sorry mate i didn't read your post correctly i missed that bit
Old 05-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
"All I really want is for it to give me a corrected distance based on the angle, and to leave the rest alone, which it does not seem to do."

Leica 1000R.

straight line or cosine only for angle comp. No ballistics, temp, humidity nonsense.
The 1600B does exactly what you want. I'm not going to walk you through it but when set up correctly you can shoot line of sight then in a second or so another reading will appear lower which is the corrected yardage for whatever the degree of slope out to 800 yards. Beyond that it does not correct. Then if you press the secondary button it will give you temp, baro pressure and degree of slope.
Yep none of the drops match anything I shoot either!!

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 05-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadidarren View Post
for some reason it didn't work ?
just click on it for a bigger pic and ignore the red biro me son got to it haha

Thanks so much for posting this, this is what I needed to see! Looks like I'll be off almost 4 inches at 500 with curve 4, and something close to 6 with curve 5!

Beyond 500, I did not even bother looking....