Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Leica 1600 v. Swaro side my side

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Leica 1600 v. Swaro side my side

Sitting in the docs office, but just had to make this admission. I am an idiot. But maybe my stupiditywill help someone else. I picked up the leica just on the off chance that my doc cancelled or I got out early. On my way I pass by a piece of property I own. I stopped to make sure everything was okay there. I grabbed the led just to play around a second. After a couple minutes of very poor results it hit me. Maybe there is a sticker over the little eye on the led. I turned the led around to check and immediately saw a big problem. The heel of my palm was cupping the sensor pretty much blocking it. Gave myself a head slap and repositioned my hand and gave it a try. Everything was much better. I am thinking that what I thought was a stability issue cured by resting the lrf on my rifle rest was actually just because I was no longer blocking the sensor.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member

I can't edit my post on my phone but where "led" appears above it should read "lrf" darn auto complete
Old 11-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Platinum Member

That might be a solution for a couple others out there!!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 11-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Silver Member

I'd say 80% of the people that use my Leica for the first time do that exact same thing. I wonder how many times the Leica customer service people have said "Make sure your finger is not in front of the lens!"
Old 11-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by helidriver72 View Post
I'd say 80% of the people that use my Leica for the first time do that exact same thing. I wonder how many times the Leica customer service people have said "Make sure your finger is not in front of the lens!"
I have done it and seen others do it too. This is the disadvantage to the very small pocket size. I have joked that they need a longer barrel on the laser.

Jeff