Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Laser Rangefinders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Bronze Member

Laser Rangefinders

I was browsing at a gun shop and noticed a Weaver Laser 450 for $199. Not sure where the name arose-the box said accurate to 999 yards. On closer inspection, however, that max range was only for reflective surfaces. For animals the max range was 200 yards. Is that a crock, or what? Guess you could range a rock if the animal was near one.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Laser Rangefinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBoIHN View Post
. Is that a crock, or what? Guess you could range a rock if the animal was near one.
Or a stop sign, license plate... ..

Another piece of junk that would probably not even make a good paper weight. Unless it worked for a bow hunter, but most I know have better units.

Jeff
Old 02-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Laser Rangefinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Or a stop sign, license plate... ..

Another piece of junk that would probably not even make a good paper weight. Unless it worked for a bow hunter, but most I know have better units.

Jeff

You're right on, too small and light to even make a good paperweight. Guess it makes sense to stick to the old focus technology-it's not perfectly usable but surely close enough for rifle use. Save a thou at that. I often wondered if a good scope could be used in the same way-mark the distances on the scope focus ring.