Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Laser Rangefinder rifle scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Bronze Member

Laser Rangefinder rifle scopes

Does anyone have any info on how well these things perform. Bushnell, Burris, & Nikon make them I haven't heard of any others.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:46 AM

Re: Laser Rangefinder rifle scopes

Don't know...., but the ones you mentioned sure are fugly looking!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member

Zeiss makes a decent one. Well it should be for over $4000. I think it goes from 9-999 yards in about .5 seconds. So they say. Totally not worth $4000 in my opinion. But its hands down better then the others you mentioned.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

If your getting one for big game hunting, you better check the regs before you shell out that money. In most western states it is not legal to use any battery operated optical sight system for big game hunting.

Check out the regs in your state or the states you will be hunting in. If its legal, have at her. If your using it only for varminting and such, again, have at her!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 08-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Bronze Member

The best one i have found to date is the Swarovski 3-12mag.
Basically i could not fool it trying various known things that play laser rangers up.
Tried a set distant object on full mag and low mag- gave same reading exactly. Tried same object invisible with naked eye, had to use the scope to find it- low and high mag exactly the same range as in bright sunlight!
Meopta do one similar looking but apparently are crap, even though i rate Meopta stuff.
Both need a double dovetailed mount in typical German fashion.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Bronze Member

$4000, man does that come on the top of a custom built tactical rifle? Thanx Fiftydriver for the info, I'll check that out before I go any further & Jonny whats the price on that Swarovski?
Old 08-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Bronze Member

I expected these to be about 25% cheaper over there, heres a link to the model anyway, may get cheaper elsewhere 1500 to 1600 inc our vat at 17 1/2%! http://www.gunaccessories.com/Swarov...cope/index.asp
If 660+ yards is ok,i would check one out along with anything else that has come out in the last few years or so. As above these really do have high and low light performance, many use with lamping gear for foxes at night.
The Meopta looks the same but useless.